Lighter recommendation?

rack04

Addie's Daddy
Can anyone provide me with a recommendation for a good lighter. I've been using my Wolf brand lighter for a little over 6 months and I'm getting annoyed with it always running empty. I'm looking for something that have a visible tank so I can see the butane level. Thanks.

Rack - what is your limit(money wise)? Can I give some advice while I made my way through this wonderful lifestyle?

Let me start off with..there are many cheap lighters you could find, that will satisfy your needs. However, when it comes to a Butane lighter running out of fluid, I think I found a solid lighter, that holds enough butane to last almost a solid 2 months before refilling (including using it everyday).

Colibri's - I have bought 2 of them, and I'm sorry to this day, I wasted money on these lighters. While the look nice..the butane doesn't last long at all in these lighters..and I'm sorry I ever bought the darn things. I'm just thankful I never paid the $99.00 list price on them each.

Lotus Lighter T-3 Table top($45.00) - I have 2 of these lighters, and hands down the best lighter I have ever owned. The are a very nice size..have some weight to them..and I can last almost 2 solid months without refilling my butane. I also did an experiment with the one lighter..I bought it..filled it up..and didn't use it for 6 months now. I took that baby out the other day..and it's perfect and running strong. The Lotus T-3 is a cigar lighter..and looks classy. I take this lighter whenever I go out to the bar..and it's a good conversation piece. Now if you're looking for a lighter to travel with, and you like to carry it aorund in your pocket..this lighter may not be for you. The negative..no window to see butane.

I'm sure you can go out and buy a $3.00 lighter and it will perform nicely for you. I don't know what your tastes are..but I wanted to share my experience so far.

Good luck with whatever you buy.

Ronson Jetlite @ Walmart for $3-5.

Blazer PB-207 from Hong Kong (the domestics aren't the same) @ $25ea (must buy 2). (BTW: this is my favorite, hands down.)

PB-207 knockoff from HK @ < $2ea (quantity of 10 is the money spot).

Ronson Jetlite @ Walmart for $3-5.

Blazer PB-207 from Hong Kong (the domestics aren't the same) @ $25ea (must buy 2). (BTW: this is my favorite, hands down.)

PB-207 knockoff from HK @ < $2ea (quantity of 10 is the money spot).

Where can I order these PB-207 from? Are these not the same, but for $40.99?

I was lucky enough to get in on the prince PB207 group buy last year
this is the best torch lighter I've ever owned
just remember to use triple refined fuel & you'll have no worries:tu

I second or third the PB-207, but if you have an old zippo lying around the z-plus insert for $10 or so is a great lighter. Mine never gives me any trouble but does have a limited tank.

Where can I order these PB-207 from? Are these not the same, but for $40.99?

Here and here.

Shipping is free, but takes a couple of weeks. $1.97 for 3+ of the small ones is a great deal. Get 5 or 10 for a little less each and you'll have plenty of spares.

They've got a ton of other stuff for cheap, too, have fun browsing!

Cigarmony.com has Blazer lighters. Mark is trying to work something out with the wholesaler/distributor for a group buy price. :tu

I highly recommend a Blazer lighter. I own one and it's the best lighter I have ever own. Make sure you use 3x or 5x refine butane fluid. :2

Here and here.

Shipping is free, but takes a couple of weeks. $1.97 for 3+ of the small ones is a great deal. Get 5 or 10 for a little less each and you'll have plenty of spares.

They've got a ton of other stuff for cheap, too, have fun browsing!

Rereading this I didn't make clear that these are the knock-offs.
:chk

I was lucky enough to get in on the prince PB207 group buy last year
this is the best torch lighter I've ever owned
just remember to use triple refined fuel & you'll have no worries:tu

I got one of these in the previous group buy. It is the best lighter I have tried period. I also have an X-tend and in terms of the flame, it doesn't even come close.

I am not sure how these differ from the ones sold in the US, I think it has something to do with the safety or locking mechanism.

If someone sets up a group buy, count me in. I would love to grab another one at that price. :tu

Cigarmony.com has Blazer lighters. Mark is trying to work something out with the wholesaler/distributor for a group buy price. :tu

I highly recommend a Blazer lighter. I own one and it's the best lighter I have ever own. Make sure you use 3x or 5x refine butane fluid. :2

Guess I'll wait for this. I use King triple refined. Is this considered good stuff?

I say get a table torch those are the best if you want one to carry around I can try and send you some cheapo Chinese butane lighters I get here that are very effective

A few months back, I bought a Solo Trek lighter from Cigarmony for $21.99. I like it a lot. The best thing about it is the double torch aspect--I had been using a single torch lighter previously. It provides a real quick and even light. It doesn't have a way to see the tank but it does have an extra large tank. On the other hand, I think the double torch eats up a lot of fuel, so it still requires a lot of refills. I would say I have to refill it on average of every 20-25 uses. So the one thing I would recommend is to get a double torch (maybe even triple). You'll really appreciate the ease and evenness of lighting the cigar. I have no regrets with my $22 lighter.:tu

For anyone reading this--or any of the other--lighter threads for the first time, I'll chime in with a relatively expensive suggestion: Dupont X-tend. Yes, it's not cheap like all the other suggestions...~$150+. It only has one flame. It's recommended that you use only the finest triple refined fuel, no cheap stuff. The paint can be nicked relatively easy so it's not advisable to toss it around carelessly. In ultra-cold weather, you have to keep it buried in your pants pockets or some other warm place to ensure it will fire effectively.

But if you don't tend to lose things like lighters, I can't recommend this one more highly. Had mine for two, going on three years, and *never* had a single problem with it that refilling didn't cure...and that's made easy enough thanks to the fuel window on the bottom. Although the tank's not the largest, the single-flame set-up makes for very efficient fuel use, so you go a lot longer between refills and you buy less fuel. It's a beautiful, elegant pocket-sized lighter that comes in an array of colors and designs. They are expensive, but they're worth every single penny. :ss

I have the prince PB 207 saids Habanos on it cost 50 euros ($71) but still cheaper then a Xtend best lighter I ever had.. Since using this lighter I have had less and less burn problems.. even with larger RG cigars..

Back