Lighting a cigar with a funny end.

The Bruce

ChestBeater
I have a cigar that has an open end that looks like something a Moyel would remove. Do I cut it off, or do I just light it? Is there a special technique for lighting or smoking these?

Thanks,

ERT

I assume you mean a perfecto shaped cigar, tapered at both ends, with a little nub on the head.... some people clip them, others (myself included) just say: awww, hell, light it.

I light it carefully, and if I get it right, it usually give me a nice even burn. It is easy to mess up though, and then once it burns down a bit you have to touch it up.

The Bruce said:
I have a cigar that has an open end that looks like something a Moyel would remove. Do I cut it off, or do I just light it? Is there a special technique for lighting or smoking these?

Thanks,

ERT
Moyel: i think that is just a funny word

zemekone said:
Moyel: i think that is just a funny word
For the uninformed, that's the Yiddish word for the guy that does the ritual circumcisions on the 8th day after birth for male Jewish babies...today Yiddish isn't used as much, as Hebrew is favored...in Hebrew it's Mohel...in fact Yiddish is dying out...as far as I'm concerned I'm not sorry to see it go as it was the langauge of slaves...

Neuromancer said:
For the uninformed, that's the Yiddish word for the guy that does the ritual circumcisions

Man, thanks for straightening me out. I thought a Moyel was the cigar fluffer babe who lights cigars.

I got confused because the cigar chick that came free with my last box of Opus had her mouth full when she told me her name.

She must have been saying "Mabel" and I heard "Moyel".

Which reminds me of a joke:

The Internal Revenue sends their auditor (a nasty little man) to audit a synagogue.

The auditor is doing all the checks, and then turns to the Rabbi and says, "I noticed that you buy a lot of candles."

"Yes," answered the Rabbi.

"Well, Rabbi, what do you do with the candle drippings?" he asked.

"A good question," noted the Rabbi. "We actually save them up. When we have enough, we send them back to the candle maker. And every now and then, they send us a free box of candles."

"Oh," replied the auditor somewhat disappointed that his question actually had a practical answer. So he thought he'd try another question, in his obnoxious way...

"Rabbi, what about all these matzo purchases? What do you do...with the crumbs from the matzo?"

"Ah, yes," replied the Rabbi calmly, "we actually collect up the crumbs, we send them in a box back to the manufacturer and every now and then, they send a box of matzo balls."

"Oh," replied the auditor, thinking hard how to fluster the Rabbi. "Well, Rabbi," he went on, "what do you do with all the foreskins from the circumcisions? "

"Yes, here too, we do not waste," answered the Rabbi. "What we do is save up all the foreskins. And when we have enough we actually send them to the Internal Revenue Service."

"Internal Revenue Service?," questioned the auditor in disbelief.

"Ah, yes," replied the Rabbi, "Internal Revenue Service. And... about once a year, they send us a little prick like you.

:r

Back