Litto Gomez Dominican Puro

Bigga Petey

Lowland Gorilla
Been a bit busy lately, have plenty of catching up to do. Need to share a few reviews of some recent smokes.

My wife poured me a bourbon last night, and brought me a cigar form the humi. She picked it out for me, not having any idea at all which cigars are good, bad or indifferent. Her only measure of a stogie is if the aroma is pleasant or I need to take it to the garage.

Anyway, last night's procurement was the Litto Gomez Dominican Puro. I had purchased a fiver, back when there was still snow on the ground. Smoked one a few days after it came of the truck, and all I got was power. Pure unadulterated power. Too much to get a good taste, similiar to chomping on a habanero pepper, where the heat overwhelms everything.

Last night was a different story. The LG's had been resting for almost nine months. Snipped the chisel end and stoked it up. Plenty of power still. A good strong cigar. But, the flavors had mellowed a bit, and you could taste the complexity of the smoke. Truly a good, good cigar. Draw was excellent, and plenty of rich smoke. It went very well with the Woodford Reserve. It got just a bit harsh at the very end, but it was getting too hot to hold anyway. Nubbed it. The aroma was also conducive to me staying in the house as opposed to being requested to take it to the garage.

The LG's are a tad expensive, don't know that I'll kick for a box, but another fiver to put away and age is certainly not out of the question.

These are a great cigar. They kinda remind me of an OPUS X. I think the Opus is a little more on the spicey side. The LG is probably the strongest cigar that I have ever smoked. When you get down to that last 1/4 and the tar starts to build up just a bit. OMG ! The first time I smoked one I almost :pu . They have a great strong flavor. One that I like as well.

Good choice in cigars to try out. :)

Thanks for the review. I am going to have to try these out. I have seen good reviews on it. Price is a little on the steep side.

Nice review. I will have to try these after Christmas as I have 3 unopened boxes waiting for Santa to put them in my stocking.

Your wife gave you bourbon and a smoke? For real?

Bigga Petey said:
For real.
Something's up.
Usually is when I get pampered.
Never a bad thing tho'.

My fiancé is the same (no additional unwanted motives)! Some I would imagine are waiting for the reason for the pampering ;) !! Glad you had a good cigar, I will keep an eye out for these.

Somebody get me a wet wipe. I :pu on myself.

I acquired a Litto Gomez from DonWeb in my newbie trade a while back. I smoked it earlier this evening while cooking up some chicken on the grill. I have to say that I think I'm in love with this cigar. Some have compared it to Opus. I think the LG stands out on its own as a powerhouse smoke. Opus just can't compare to the strength the the LG has. This is about as full-bodied as it gets, as such, it's probably not for everyone.

I had no expectations prior to lighting up this cigar. I've seen numerous posts referring to the strength of the LG, but I had no idea that this cigar would knock be on my ass, literally. I finished up the chicken in about 45 minutes. I still had a good 1 1/2" left on the smoke. I took a seat out on my patio to finish up the cigar as I was enjoying it so much that I had every intention on nubbing it to the hilt. As soon as I sat down, I immediately felt the full wrath of the cigar. I felt as though I'd drank a bit too much, not drunk, but more than tipsy. After I finished, I wobbled into the house and attempted to gain my bearing. I sit here typing still feeling the effects of the cigar that I finished more than two hours ago.

I'm a bit dismayed to find that the cigars are available in boxes of fifty. If there's anyone out there that would be willing to sell a five-pack or two, PLEASE PM me!!!

Thanks...Dazed & Confused.

Back