Long Beach, California

Corona Gigante

Ann Coulter's Cabana Boy
It looks like I might be accompanying the missus to a conference thingy out in Long Beach, CA one weekend in October. She will be busy all day and I was wondering what's for kicks cigar-wise or otherwise in the neighborhood.

It looks like I might be accompanying the missus to a conference thingy out in Long Beach, CA one weekend in October. She will be busy all day and I was wondering what's for kicks cigar-wise or otherwise in the neighborhood.

J6PPC (Jon) lives in Long Beach I am sure he can help you.

For your amusement while she's at the conference, or for the two of you later?

One million used books in stock, maybe even one or two about seegars: www.acresofbooks.com

As the blind man said when he passed the www.aquariumofpacific.org "Good afternoon, ladies."

Tour, romantic dinner, or even spend the night in a state room (and you won't get seasick): www.queenmary.com/

Drive 10 miles east on Pacific Coast Highway to www.ci.huntington-beach.ca.us/Visitors/ officially "Surf City USA by court ruling (sorry, Santa Cruz.)

End the day and start the night at: (and what could be more appropriate for this forum?) www.cohibalongbeach.com/ martinis and walk-in humidor.

Have fun!

My wife'll be out there 10/10 (Weds) through 10/14 (Sun). I'll probably fly out to join her on the Thursday or Friday evening and fly back with her Sunday. She'll be in the conference all day which leaves me wide open (maybe) Friday and (definitely) Saturday daytime. Let me know what you guys think. It would be great to be able to get together with a few gorillas while I'm out there.

Dinner on the Queen Mary is a great tip! Thanks for that!

I'd take a pass on the QM - food is overpriced and mediocre @ best.
Acres of books is a must see- about 4 blocks from my office; go there several times a month.

What kind of food do you like?

I'd take a pass on the QM - food is overpriced and mediocre @ best.
Acres of books is a must see- about 4 blocks from my office; go there several times a month.

What kind of food do you like?

Indian is my favorite cuisine but I'll be getting plenty in England next month. My wife and I will be making our usual pilgrimage to Monty's in Ealing Broadway and it's very difficult to top that.

The QM sounds good at least as much for the decor as for the food. The ship is a piece of history.

Well, I'm disappointed to report that this isn't going to happen.

I was really looking forward this trip, but after taking a spanking on the exchange rate on our trip to England in the summer, we decided we just can't afford to take this trip right now.

I'm still hoping to be able to take a trip to the left coast sometime in the not-too-distant future. Watch this space!

Well, I'm disappointed to report that this isn't going to happen.

I was really looking forward this trip, but after taking a spanking on the exchange rate on our trip to England in the summer, we decided we just can't afford to take this trip right now.

I'm still hoping to be able to take a trip to the left coast sometime in the not-too-distant future. Watch this space!

I gave some classes in Long Beach about 10 years ago. I was in L.B. for 6 weeks and some of my students took me to the local spots.

They had a place called Speed Zone where you got to drive dragsters with small block Chevy engines and also had lots of go carts and mini Indy cars.

If it is still around, you may get a kick out of it.

Ken

Back