Lonsdale Recommendations Please...

Cadillac

Evolving Lead Gorilla
Hello all, would like to start trying cigars in the Lonsdale size, and would like some (value-priced) recommendations. I was thinking of trying the Padron Ambassador. Thanks! :ss

Hello all, would like to start trying cigars in the Lonsdale size, and would like some (value-priced) recommendations. I was thinking of trying the Padron Ambassador. Thanks! :ss

I don't think you can go wrong with Padron anything, IMO. [ps, 100th post, w00t, gimmie nanners!]

:tpd:

I agree, you can't go wrong with any Padron and many say that the Lonsdale are best for flavor out of the whole Thousands series.

I second getting the Lonsdale.

The Ambassador is an excellent smoke for the money. I had one a couple of weeks ago and as always, enjoyed it. An overlooked cigar in my opinion.

You might also look at the Fuente Privada. Another excellent smoke in that general size and price range. :ss

I thought it would be a good pick... What about the maduro compared to the naturals? Any other suggested stogies?

the smaller ring gauges are awesome, especially in the Padron Line, my favorite cigar, and go to for right now, and probably forever is the Padron Londres in Maduro, and the Ambassador is nothing but a longer londres, you cannot go wrong. The smaller ring gauges really seem to let the wrapper come out in Padrons. Also, look at the panatela in the Padron Line, I may pick up a box of those as well............. ah hell..... I am making it a personal goal to purchase every box in the classic line in Maduro. Also, although maybe not a lonsdale, but a more of a corona, the Sancho panza Double maduro la mancha is good, and the Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro Corona is also a personal favorite. A corona just came out in the Partagas black line, bet its awesome.

Value-priced...got one for you. Famous Dominican 2000 Lonsdale. Bundle plus a free bundle of another type (depends what they offer, I got FD 4000 toros, not as good IMHO), with free shipping $38. Go to the website. I bought these for golf and grass cutting. They sat around for a few months and man are they tasty now. They're mild, burn well, have a great flavor, cheap, good construction. My brother-in-law loves them and would smoke nothing else if he could.

Thanks for the famous recommendation, but being Canadian I'm a little restricted when it comes to cigar ordering and Famous won't ship up here, but thanks anyways. :)

Thanks for the famous recommendation, but being Canadian I'm a little restricted when it comes to cigar ordering and Famous won't ship up here, but thanks anyways. :)

Taken directly from the Famous Smoke website:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]International Orders[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To place an international order, please contact our Customer Service Department at (US country code here)-610-559-7000 (Ext. 112) or email us at internationalorders@famous-smoke.com and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you.

Please review the following information regarding international orders:

1. International orders shipping to Canada will be delivered via UPS. All other international orders will ship via the US Postal Service.
  2. International orders MUST be prepaid and the only accepted forms of payment is credit card or money order.
  3. Shipping costs are based on value and weight
  4. All duties are the responsibility of the customer
[/FONT]

Edit: 500th post :ss

Back