Looking to get a good cutter - recommendations anyone :)

Rev2010

Maturing Primate
I have two cutters currently. One is the guillotine type and the other is the typical dual curved blade type. Both are cheapo under $15 types. I've noticed I'd like a quicker cleaner cut than the cheapo $15 curved blade is giving me and am actually thinking the guillotine might be doing a better cut. When I think about it technically it seems the guillotine is a smarter cut being the blades aren't shaped like the cigar so it comes in cutting from the outside inwards whereas the dual curved blades kinda just bluntly just force their blades through. I dunno... that's just how I see it technically.

Anyhow, all that aside I'm looking for recommendations on what cutter to buy - from all your experience. Price doesn't really matter so long as it's under $100. I'd like comments that are based on at least a few months experience with said cutter :) Thanks in advance!

Rev.

I will save you a ton of time:

PALIO

sometimes Xikar.

You should really do a little more reading, lots of great answers out there. :tu

If you have big hands/thick fingers, you may find the Xicar more pleasant to use.

:tpd:I agree!
The Palio is a style everyone knows, I think that is why peeps choose it first.
But I use a Xikar and cannot say anything bad about either types:2

I have both a Xikar and a Palio. The Palio leaves a cleaner cut, its only aesthetic but I dont like the little bump that the Xikar leaves behind. I just bought my second Palio last month. :tu

The single blade Havana cutter is far better than any Palio or Xikar that I have used.

HavanaCutter.jpg

I have both a Xikar and a Palio. The Palio leaves a cleaner cut, its only aesthetic but I dont like the little bump that the Xikar leaves behind. I just bought my second Palio last month. :tu

Slightly press downward when you cut with the Xikar and the bump will not be there. :tu

The single blade Havana cutter is far better than any Palio or Xikar that I have used.

HavanaCutter.jpg

:tpd: though the Palio does cut as well after the Havana gets broken in/dulled, it's 10x the price

There are some other guillotine cutters that have the blade closer to perpendicular to the point of contact on the cigar than the Havana pictured, these suck, they pinch on the back end of the cut and damage one side of the cut cigar

haha, I read the OP and was planning on not posting or posting to use the search, fished in

Back