Looks like the Father's Day Opus shipments are in...

Teninx

SilverBack
...but all the Anejos went to that damn store in Las Vegas. My mall store got in three boxes: One each of the Reserva D'Chateau ($14.00), Perfexion 5 (9.00) and Perfexion X (13.00). So he's only 1.50 over MSRP.

Abner's World is selling boxes of Perfexion 5 for $420, which is about 100.00 over MSRP. I think you have to be a previous customer to buy these.

My in-town guy is pissed because he was 'promised' an Opus account but he's received nothing. Too bad, because I really wanted to buy from him.

The Opus are around. But Anejos are not to be found yet. Atleast thats the way it is in Mass.

My B&M said that the Anejo Fathers Day Shipments won't be happening this year. Don't know whether she's right but she claims the addition of anejos in gift packs this past Christmass dried up the typical Fathers Day supply.

I never see any Anejo's, but my vendor always has boxes of Opus in every size. He charges $20 for the perfectionX. I'm a newb, but that doesn't seem like a good price (although there are nuts on the devil site that pay$37). About a week ago I bought a sun-grown (mmmmmmmm) that had plume all over it! Nice little surprise.

my local guy keeps telling me that there will be no Anejo's this Father's Day as well. Sounds like a repeat of what the others above me have said.

This is sad news indeed. :(

Steve

ebn2002 said:
I never see any Anejo's, but my vendor always has boxes of Opus in every size. He charges $20 for the perfectionX. I'm a newb, but that doesn't seem like a good price (although there are nuts on the devil site that pay$37). About a week ago I bought a sun-grown (mmmmmmmm) that had plume all over it! Nice little surprise.

Perfection X MSRP is 11.50, I think...but like you I've seen them for 30.00 and up...and how about that Anejo on the devil's site that went for 41.00 for ONE STICK?

I never see the Anejos, but one semi-local B&M had two boxes of Opus (would that be "Opi"?) yesterday - one of the Perfecxion X, and one of the Perfecxion no. 5. Two (of each) stick limit. The X's were $13.00, and the no. 5's were $9.00. A little over MSRP, but tolerable.

Teninx said:
and how about that Anejo on the devil's site that went for 41.00 for ONE STICK?

The only Anejo in my humi right now is a shark that I got in the Holt Father's Day sampler - seeing this auction on C'bid just made me shake my head. For one dollar more than that auction, I got the shark, a Hemingway WOA, an Ashton VSG Sorcerer, an Ashton Cabinet #2 and a Fuente Cuban Belicoso Sungrown. And this sampler was available for at least a week.

TU09 said:
My B&M said that the Anejo Fathers Day Shipments won't be happening this year. Don't know whether she's right but she claims the addition of anejos in gift packs this past Christmass dried up the typical Fathers Day supply.

I'd be curious to see how many cigars went there v.s. were sold at Casa Fuente in Vegas.

I fear the lack of this shipment will only make the demand much greater, and the prices much higher for the next shipment! I am still hoping that some will come in soon though. ;)

Georgetown Tobacco in Tysons Corner had three different sizes, with a 3 cigar limit on each size. I was able to stumble out of there with 6 cigars and a new Xikar lighter.

1 Belicoso XXX
3 Fuente Fuente
2 #4

all of this for only $90 (lighter included)

sigh...............no Opus or anejos here yet. We always run a few days behind the rest of the world here.

Thanks for the heads up and a well-deserved bump for you, Tennix, my friend!

I haven't heard from my guy yet but now I'll be haunting his place even more than ever.

Corona Gigante said:
Thanks for the heads up and a well-deserved bump for you, Tennix, my friend!

I haven't heard from my guy yet but now I'll be haunting his place even more than ever.

I am honored! Appreciate it very much!

Not here...... :(

Just talked to one of my shops (one w/ msrp prices :) ) and he's not expecting til AUGUST!!!
Only good thing about that is.....can save up $ and buy alot more when the time comes. At least I do have a couple stashed for a rainy day.

Good luck to everyone in their quest this week........

I called Abner's World about the Opus they were advertising in the email and, of course, they were sold out. Actually that's a good thing for my wallet. And I called the mall store this afternoon to see if there were any Opus left, and they had exactly five of the Reserva.....

Back