Los Blancos

ky toker

Chestbeating Pack Leader
I haven't been able to have too many smokes lately just from being sick and not wanting to sit out in the cold at night, so......I left for lunch and brought in one of the Dark Knights gifted to me by punch and decided a drive down to Kremers would be a good way to spend lunch and have a smoke.

I went in and they were running a promotion for Los Blancos cigars and there representing them was David Blanco. Aparently they are one of the larger plantations in Nic and are neighbors to Padron. They supply the fillers for Rocky Patel lines and many others. This would include The Edge, I liked the sould of that, but exclude the 10 & 12 year.. They have been suppling a number of brands with filler for generations and now they have put out their own label.

I bought three nicely priced cigars and received one free which is a non-commercial cigar made only for events. And a shot of Flor de Cana rum; which was quite tasty. They priced at $4.25, $4.75 and $5.25. Now the kind of cool thing about this is they made their boxes to be universal and/or a humidor. The universal part comes in when you order another box. Whether it is a retailer or customer. Once you have a box you can just order a tray of the given cigar you, because the boxes are the same size and come with a removable insert tray. He gladly explained that this cut back on cost for all parties involved.

A couple of the guys there had already lit up some of their buys and seemed to be very pleased with the cigars. I'll let you know what I think of mine in a few weeks. Mr. Blanco seemed like a real nice guy and enthusiastic about cigars and the family business.

Their site is currently underconstruction and said it would be finished in about 4 weeks.
http://www.losblancos.com/

Los Blancos are going to be in at Habana House in Austin, Texas on the 27th of this month. I have seen their cigars and have not bought, the maduros look good and priced easy on the pocket. I plan to be there and burn a couple up,It would be great if they bring rum,it's may favorite alcky with cigars. Hope the weather eases up on you, I can’t wait to light up on cold days but I hate having to stand outside in the cold trying to enjoy a stick. I'll be waiting on your Blanco review. :w

Cabo said:
Los Blancos are going to be in at Habana House in Austin, Texas on the 27th of this month. I have seen their cigars and have not bought, the maduros look good and priced easy on the pocket. I plan to be there and burn a couple up,It would be great if they bring rum,it's may favorite alcky with cigars. Hope the weather eases up on you, I can’t wait to light up on cold days but I hate having to stand outside in the cold trying to enjoy a stick. I'll be waiting on your Blanco review. :w

I'll be right there with ya Brother Jose. I've smoked the Criollo and wasn't impressed in the least (kinda grassy and bitter)...but I've been told by more then one experienced source that the Maduro is quite nice...so I'll be attending with a somewhat open mind. As a matter of fact some folks say that I have a very open mind...You know, maybe that's how all my brain cells got loose.

gruebel.gif

I got a Los Blancos robusto Connecticut in a sampler pack.

Construction was solid. There were no imperfections in the wrapper and the burn was consistent with no runs.

The first thing I tasted was the Connecticut wrapper (not my favorite). A few minutes into the cigar, the Connecticut flavor faded and the underlying Nicarauguan tobacco began to shine through. I'm not the type that can taste leather or earth tones, much less specific fruits in my cigars. It tasted like tobacco....Nicaraguan tobacco. If you like Nicaraguan cigars, you ought to pick one of these up and try it.

This was a fine cigar. Considering I scored this one in my sampler pack for less than $2, I'm quite pleased.

Back