Lost Awareness, Mugged by Mold

ky toker

Chestbeating Pack Leader
Battling the dryness during the winter by adding more moisture to the cooler and I got a little careless I guess. Had a gut feeling but I ignored it and bam, my cigars were being fondled by furry mold.

Unfortunately I had to dump a few premiums and some cheaper cigars, but I'm going to try to revive some of the imports. Had a couple that I just wasn't happy at all to see with the mold on them. It was really hard kicking myself in the nuts, but I needed it done :mad:

I should have taken pics, though if I didn't destroy them I might be able to snap a few shots later.

Oh well, at least I got an up close view of some nice mold.

Sucks bro. Curioius, did you use anything other than beads?
Yes sir I did. Almost ashamed to say but I guess it could be info for someone else's use. I had some beads in the cooler, though it seems not enough, so I just threw in a few water pillows to see how it worked. I guess I found out! Would have been much better to have order more beads.
Good warning to newbies, gotta watch that RH level!
Yes, I will now claim that I did this for the greater good of the community and not because of a temporary brain lag.
I'm curious why you dumped them. Why not just wipe off the mold?
I wiped off several, but others had a lot of mold on the foot.

That sucks. I had the same thing happen to me a few months back, and since then I have learned my lesson and I keep a close eyed on all my humies. I make a point to check them every day for RH, Temp, and beteles even though (knock on wood)I have never encountered any beteles. At least you can learn from this experience and hopefully avoid it ever hapening again.

Sucks bro.
Ok, it's settled into a tingling sensation now. Put everything back together this morning and I'll see how the survivors do over the next week. And hopefully they don't hold a grudge against me for the f*** up. :ss

Back