Lot 23 Natural Churchill

Commander Quan

The Cheese stands alone
I picked up my first Lot 23 this afternoon. OMG baby where have you been all my life? I have never thought of a cigar as buttery before but this one was. It clipped clean and the prelight draw was perfect. It lit right up and bellowed copious amounts of thick smoke. I would nail this as medium bodied without a lot of taste other than the taste of glorious tobacco. Sometimes you just want to sit and enjoy a cigar without analyzing every nuance and this was perfect. As someone who would normally go for something a little bolder or with more spiciness I'm surprised how much I actually enjoyed it. I would normally pass on a Churchill sized cigar for a shorter size or smaller ring gauge since I usually don't have the time or attention span to do them justice, so I'm glad this one jumped into my hand. The price point at under $4.50 on this cigar makes it a bargain in my book.
My only complaint with this cigar is the Liquid Nail that they used to apply the 1 inch wide band. I always take the band off before smoking and this would be been impossible with with anything other than a Sawzall.

I don't care for most Perdomo cigars.. I have read that many people really like these Lot 23 cigars though, so I have had a pair of them resting in my humi since November. This review reminded me it is probably time to pull one out and give 'er a try..

Good review..

I've heard mixed reviews on this one and just recently smoked a Rothchild sized one. For a mild/med bodied cigar it had a nice aroma and flavor so I'll give it a ...............:tu
I liked it much better than the Chateau Reals I recently sampled. Will be watching for these on sale!

pardon my asking, but what is Lot 23 Natural Churchill

Lot 23, by Perdomo.... the Lot 23 name comes from the fact that all the tobacco in this cigar comes from the same lot or "farm" as oppossed to many cigars where the tobacco could come from a variety of places. I think I'm correct on this, If not someone chime in please.

I've smoked five or six of the naturals and a couple of the Maduro's, enjoyed them, medium bodied, not a lot of spice, smooth smoke, reasonably priced.

Back