Lucitania?

Partagas Lusitania?

Good cigar. Used to be better, in my opinion. I think the newer ones are awfully mild compared to what they once were. Still a good cigar, though.

I'm not going to compare it to a non-Cuban--I just don't think that's a viable comparison.

Partagas Lusitania?

Good cigar. Used to be better, in my opinion. I think the newer ones are awfully mild compared to what they once were. Still a good cigar, though.

I'm not going to compare it to a non-Cuban--I just don't think that's a viable comparison.

I don't know. everyone raves about cubans but I think that some of the best sticks are noncubans. take the stuff coming out of the DR the past 10 years. the cubans are rushing product out the door still "green" in some cases. Don't get me wrong there are GREAT cubans, but there are GREAT noncubans too. Partagas 150, opus x, VSG, anejo, edge maduro....in my opinion some of the best sticks on the planet:tu

There must be a dozen reviews on the Lusi if you use search, besides zemekone's suggestion of Top25. I see a lot of threads you have started in the past few days which could be answered by search (Vodka thread, for instance). Not trying to be the Search Nazi here, but you may want to give it a try for some of your topics. :2

For NC comparisons to Lusis....absolutely none.

I know I know, but I like to get personal opinions not retailers telling me about thier products. of course there going to mkae it sound great. I do read those things, but hey if we arent going to "fellowship" with other BOTLs then why are we here? :cb
Top25cigar IS personal opinions. That's the reason the site was founded.

I don't know. everyone raves about cubans but I think that some of the best sticks are noncubans. take the stuff coming out of the DR the past 10 years. the cubans are rushing product out the door still "green" in some cases. Don't get me wrong there are GREAT cubans, but there are GREAT noncubans too. Partagas 150, opus x, VSG, anejo, edge maduro....in my opinion some of the best sticks on the planet:tu

Back to your original question, I also wouldn't make a comparison of a Lusi to any NC out there...and I've had my share of fantastic NCs. Lusi's are fantastic smokes with a great profile that goes on for hours if you're careful and dilligent. For my tastes and experience, I'd put the Lusi in a class almost by itself, with a RA Gigantes somewhere close by...

To put it in your frame of reference....

Lusis are like Partagass 150's without the harsh one dimensional flavor profile.

Lusis are like Opus X but have more depth and nuance.

Lusis are like VSG only in that they are cigars and one you can appreciate the nuances of, nose exhale etc, the other is just power.

Lusis are like anejos in that they are both made of tobacco from south of the mason dixon line.

Lusi are like Edge maduros.... I got nuthin here. :r

It's like explaining the concept of light refraction as affected by depth perception to the blind, sorry really no help.

To put it in your frame of reference....

Lusis are like Partagass 150's without the harsh one dimensional flavor profile.

Lusis are like Opus X but have more depth and nuance.

Lusis are like VSG only in that they are cigars and one you can appreciate the nuances of, nose exhale etc, the other is just power.

Lusis are like anejos in that they are both made of tobacco from south of the mason dixon line.

Lusi are like Edge maduros.... I got nuthin here. :r

It's like explaining the concept of light refraction as affected by depth perception to the blind, sorry really no help.

This is why I would rather get peoples opinion on this site! :r:r

you cant get that from the mundane opinion sections of retail sites. Great post!!!

This is why I would rather get peoples opinion on this site! :r:r

you cant get that from the mundane opinion sections of retail sites. Great post!!!

Again, Top25cigar is not a retail site...it is a site for users to review cigars, and dozens of BOTLs from Club Stogie post there regularly. :)

Again, Top25cigar is not a retail site...it is a site for users to review cigars, and dozens of BOTLs from Club Stogie post there regularly. :)

okay okay Ill book marke it :r

just for the record I know that top25 is connected with this site, but you have to admit it's much more fun to 'talk' about it with fellow cigar lovers!! come on, admit it...:ss

just for the record I know that top25 is connected with this site, but you have to admit it's much more fun to 'talk' about it with fellow cigar lovers!! come on, admit it...:ss

I agree, just because it's been talked about before doesnt mean we cant talk about it again.....every year is a new batch (cigars) and a new conversation.
For a broad opinion on something, the search fxn is best but I do like re-hashing cigars/opinions on them.

Some members may have not been members when the original posts were developed and some other new members can add their input..

We can all agree on 1 thing..............Cigars Kick Ass!

I agree, just because it's been talked about before doesnt mean we cant talk about it again.....every year is a new batch (cigars) and a new conversation.
For a broad opinion on something, the search fxn is best but I do like re-hashing cigars/opinions on them.

Some members may have not been members when the original posts were developed and some other new members can add their input..

We can all agree on 1 thing..............Cigars Kick Ass!

PREACH IT BROTHER!!!!!!!!!
:tu:D:ss:cb--we LOVE cigars, and TALKING bout cigars!!:r

Well, OK... but just to save some time, I'm going to answer your next five questions right now.

Leave the cello on.
Take the band off.
60-65% for Cubans, 70-72% for non-Cubans.
Sorry, that's not "plume", it's mold.
If you have to ask, it's probably a fake.

:D

Well, OK... but just to save some time, I'm going to answer your next five questions right now.

Leave the cello on.
Take the band off.

:r:r:r:r:r

Leave the cello on.
Take the band off.

Wow! you old gorillas are cranky today. :r I know the elder are set in thier ways, but come on. lighted up. I have an idea; to apease the alpha males there are NO NEW POST TODAY. We can all just go read the "archived" material for the next....wait, how long does gorilla pms last?

:r:r:r:r:r:r:ss

Saxman... you have to understand, it becomes apparent the more time you spend here, but every couple of months, a new Gorilla asks questions along the same lines that you've been asking about the Lusitania and the Siglo. It's not that the 'elders' are set in their ways. No one likes to type the same response over and over again.

In this situation, the archives are a great place. Just read some of the old responses. There's great information out there, probably better information from the same 'elders' that took the time to compose their thoughts when first asked as opposed to the kind of responses you may receive in this thread.

Keep on truckin,
Ji

Back