LVH Silencios - Substitutes?

burninator

two hour break
These were some of my favorites starting out, and still are to this day, especially in the morning with my coffee. I've got 3 left in the humi, but since they're discontinued, and it seems unlikely I'll find any more, I guess it might be a good idea to find a suitable replacement.

Does anybody know of anything in the same size range with a comparable profile? I don't care what is their origin -- I'm just on a quest.

Last edited:
I also love the silencios and have had 2 boxes(long gone) but this is just MHO, I think the CAO Brazilia Pirahnas came pretty close.

These aren't all that comparable in price, but you may want to try the Habanos Puros Fuerte #4. These petite corona full bodied smokes are excellent. They have a costa rican maduro wrapper and are bursting with flavor. Uncle Mikey runs specials on these occasionally through his email for around 75 bucks a box of 24. A little pricey for the size, but for the taste and construction quality, these are tough to beat. The only draw back is that if you are looking for a quick smoke, they do last a while, which I prefer. Also, at their price point (and their flavor) I don't like tossing them early. So......... give them a shot.

maybe the taste profile is not the same, but for the price and size you can't go wrong with the Tropical Fevers from Holts. I would rec either the corojos or the maduros, but if you had to pick I would say the corojos. But the maduros might get you closer to the silencios.

BTW, they taste great. Great size, like the silencio, for a quick smoke.

FWIW,

BillyBarue

maybe the taste profile is not the same, but for the price and size you can't go wrong with the Tropical Fevers from Holts. I would rec either the corojos or the maduros, but if you had to pick I would say the corojos. But the maduros might get you closer to the silencios.

BTW, they taste great. Great size, like the silencio, for a quick smoke.

FWIW,

BillyBarue
Just ordered a bundle of 50 in the maduro wrapper. I'll let you know how they are. :tu

I too just ordered 50 maddy's, I burned through 13 or so from a box split a while back and find them to probably be the next best thing. Great construction, flavor, consistancy and awesome price

I think the Onyx Reserve Petit Belocoso is close in price and flavor, but it is a little closer to a Robusto.

So I opened the CI catalog today & on page 12 they have Silencios listed for sale!

I checked the site & they are listed as backordered.

I had called CI recently & inquired as to the possibility of ever seeing this cigar again...they told me probably September. I was skeptical, but have been reserving judgement.

Could it be true?

I really like this little firecracker, but anticipate that I will have to lay my purchase down for close to a year before it starts to wake up. At about $1.40 each w/shipping that's pretty easy to take. :)

ditto with my CI catalog- I even called and placed an order with CI for the silencios and then received a return call about 1 and 1/2 later to tell me that they didn't have any!:mad: oh well, maybe soon.

I saw that on CI. I figure they've probably still got a substantial backlog on these, so even if they're back, they won't be in stock for a while.

Fortunately, I recently came across a box of these. ;)

These were some of my favorites starting out, and still are to this day, especially in the morning with my coffee. I've got 3 left in the humi, but since they're discontinued, and it seems unlikely I'll find any more, I guess it might be a good idea to find a suitable replacement.

Does anybody know of anything in the same size range with a comparable profile? I don't care what is their origin -- I'm just on a quest.

They're baaaaaaaaaaack..........:D

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=CS-XEA&cat=3

Silencios says 24 + 16 free for $49.99

Back