Macanudo 1997 Vintage

thunderbucks

Guerilla
Macanudo 1997 Vintage Cabinet Selection Demi

4 5/16" x 36

Until this, I had never smoked a Macanudo. I got two of these from CBid for $5/piece, and I was distainfully surprised to see it's little size. It compares almost exactly to a Partagas Short, although a little narrower than the Short.

This was one gorgeously presented cigar. A beautiful dark construction with no noticable veins, and the bands gave a beautiful presentation.

But size isn't the only way it compared to the Partagas. This may have been the most Cuban-tasting NC I've ever had. The flavor, while quite good, wasn't astounding in and of itself. But it had that peppery/earthiness that I notice in ISOMs, and I was surprised. It was a pretty consistent smoke...the light and first 1/2 inch were a little spicy, but after that the spice died down and kept a mellow earth/pepper taste. I would give this 89/100, and while $5 almost seems steep for the price, I wouldn't mind a few more resting in the humi for a while.

I got a 5 pack in a wood box also except mine are a tad smaller 4.3x36, stupid me didnt pay attention to the size, I thought they were gonna be bigger, but back to your afore mentioned comments I agree it is a pretty darn good smoke..:tu i was a bit shocked myself.

I got a 5 pack in a wood box also except mine are a tad smaller 4.3x36

That's actually the size that mine are...I just don't like the use of decimals in sizes, I prefer fractions. I'd actually forgotten the exact length, so when I went to CBid to check it, it said 4.3 x 36. Well using some math, that gave me 19.2/64, which I rounded to 20/64 --> 10/32 --> 5/16 :D

That's actually the size that mine are...I just don't like the use of decimals in sizes, I prefer fractions. I'd actually forgotten the exact length, so when I went to CBid to check it, it said 4.3 x 36. Well using some math, that gave me 19.2/64, which I rounded to 20/64 --> 10/32 --> 5/16 :D

:r..the horror

Back