Macanudo Vintage

Ninja Vanish

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I wanted to post and ask a question as to whether or not anyone here as had a Macanudo Vintage. There are 5 years that were deemed "Vintage" year harvests, 1997, 1993, 1988, 1984 and 1979. I know the '79's are especially expensive, about $60 per stick. This is probably because they are just so rare. There may only be one or two boxes left in the entire world. The other years are bit less rare but still rare nonetheless, I have never seen one in person and have never met another who has seen one in person either. Just looking for some feedback here as to whether anyone has seen one? Heard anything about them? Had one? Knows someone who has had one? Has one in their humi? Anything. Thanks. -Ninja

I had 10 1979's. Never smoked any of them though, included them as a bonus on a trade awhile back. $60 a stick, that was a damned nice bonus!!!

DonJefe said:
I had 10 1979's. Never smoked any of them though, included them as a bonus on a trade awhile back. $60 a stick, that was a damned nice bonus!!!

Don, you had?
Why you give them up? I beat your kicking yourself now.
:r That was a very generous bonus!!!!!

DonJefe said:

No kidding! Too bad I couldn't get one of those from you! I would have paid you...like $5 at least. ;) Thanks for the reply.

No luck on the '79, but I find the Macanudo Vintage '97 No.1 to be an awesome smoke.

(yes, I know, some of you find it hard believe that I smoke domestics on occassion. :r :w )

I got a box of 97 never smoke them yet! i think it is a torpedo.
but nothing like $60.00 a piece Amigo! must be the cheapest in that line.

PS. Can't try it at the moment, it's in a safe place far from Cayman!

Salud!

When I say awhile back, I mean 8 or 9 years ago. I guarantee you they weren't getting $60 a piece back then. That being said, I don't recall ever reading a bad review on any of the Vintages.

I was in JR's a few days ago and they had a special. $8 for a nice little wooen box of '97 demi's(6 ct.). I grabed the last two they had. It's little but has a big taste. I've had two of them and they havn't dissapointed. Although I have not had one, I'm sure a larger vitola would be pretty good too.

:ms NCRM

DonJefe said:
When I say awhile back, I mean 8 or 9 years ago. I guarantee you they weren't getting $60 a piece back then. That being said, I don't recall ever reading a bad review on any of the Vintages.

All I have read is how good they are supposed to be, I haven't been able to get my hands on any to see for myself. I mean, they are touted as the premium of premiums. I'm toying with the idea of buying a 1979 to see but talk about a leap of faith, I'm in college so $60 is alot of gas/grocery money. I just can't see buying one, I guess I could go for some of the younger years but I'm always one who likes to go all out when I get the chance.

Ninja Vanish said:
All I have read is how good they are supposed to be, I haven't been able to get my hands on any to see for myself. I mean, they are touted as the premium of premiums. I'm toying with the idea of buying a 1979 to see but talk about a leap of faith, I'm in college so $60 is alot of gas/grocery money. I just can't see buying one, I guess I could go for some of the younger years but I'm always one who likes to go all out when I get the chance.

Just shut up and buy one, Jerermy!!!!!!
:w

Good cigar. But expensive. I think it is very popular cigar around here. It is just a little to mild for me. But it is a good cigar.

If you're absolutely dying to find a '79 vintage Macanudo, try contacting Club Macanudo in NYC (26 E 63d St., Manhattan). They claim to have them; and if they don't, they should know who does!

I used to work part time in a cigar shop during college and I was lucky enough to have a manager that let us sample stuff so we knew what we were talking about to customers. I smoked a '79, '88, and '93's before and I have to say they are good cigars but kind of overpriced. The store eventually stopped carrying them because they were hard to move. The '79 is mainly mystique, it is very very mild, probably because of the age of the tobacco. You could get a Davidoff for much cheaper and get the same experience but it does make for nice humidor eye candy. By now the flavor profile is probably none existant. The '88's were a little bit spicier but not as smooth (please note this was quite some time ago since it has been years since I graduated so the profile has probably changed) my faves were the '93's, they had a nice wood flavor and I used to smoke them as my regular cigar (employee discount) my fave was the torpedo. Hope this helpfs.

I have 3 '93's in my humi now. I actually thinking about smoking one Friday night w/ a buddie of mine. I just purchased the cigar shops last one 2 days ago. $11.99. Not bad price giving the box is $275! I only bought it because I figured it would be really hard to find soon and he only had one left. If I smoke it, I'll let the jungle know how it was. Got a birthday comming up, so I'm thinking Cohiba churchill or this Macanudo.... Oh, by the way, the '93 I have is a churchill!

Cheers :al

Well, after hearing what ya'll had to say about the Vintage Macanudo's I decided today that I was going to buy a couple. Just 2! Here's what happened:

I found a catalog that I remembered seeing the 1988's in for a good price. I looked them up online and the price was still good except they weren't offereing them in singles. You could either order a 5'er or an 8 pack. This didn't bother me. I was going to go for the 5'er but decided that since it was only a little more that I would just go ahead and splurge a little and get the extra 3. Then I ended up ordering a box of CAO Golds and a sampler pack of 13 different CAO smokes. So then I started wondering where I was going to put all my newly purchased booty and realized that my little 50 count humi was shivering at the idea of having more cigars jammed in it. So I went ahead and ordered a new 200 count humi to top off a more than $300 splurge that was only supposed to cost me about $50-$75 to begin with.

The slope got me when I wasn't looking, I slipped, no dove face first into the slide, and now it's all over. Or is it just beginning?

Ninja Vanish said:
Or is it just beginning?

300ct????

I say the next contest should be how long until the Ninja needs to buy an even bigger Humi :r

I'll start it off.... I give it a two months

Sorry buddy.... just speaking from the heart and experience :D

Franksmith said:
300ct????

I say the next contest should be how long until the Ninja needs to buy an even bigger Humi :r

I'll start it off.... I give it a two months

Sorry buddy.... just speaking from the heart and experience :D

IT was just a 200 count this time. I'm thinking for my next venture, Coolidor. lol and I think you're being optimistic about the two months! LMAO

Back