Made it to Colorado

webjunkie

ChestBeater
So I survived the car trip from North Carolina, and it seems that my sticks have survived as well. Not too much trouble, so far I've smoked a Montecristo half corona and a Perdomo Lot 23 (don't remember the size, something along the lines of a robusto) and they turned out fine. A tad dry for my tastes, but I'll work the kinks out.

The only thing I'm concerned about is how much drier it is here than back home. Any suggestions from the other CO gorillas as to keeping the humidity up in my box? I have plenty of beads, but the rh isn't staying as constant as I'd like. On the other hand, it's not dipping enough to warrant emergency action either.

I have Heartfelt beads in both of my humis, and they keep a rock steady 70%.
(It drops into the low 60's if I have them open very long, but bounces back pretty quick)

Don't let all the humidity here lately fool you. 20-30% is normal, and it's not uncommon to see it dip into the single digits.

Last edited:
I dont know what kind of box you have. You could get a spray bottle and fill it with Distilled water and spray the inside of your 'box ' from time to time. Works 'down here" in NM. I am actually 1000 ft higher than Denver. edit.. I have two wood humi's

Last edited:
It's a very different struggle you'll have on your hands from what you're used to. A good seal, lots o' beads, and regular attention is necessary, especially in desktops. My coolidors are pretty maintenance free just requiring some rotation now and then. The winters are a bear with the super dry atmosphere and the summers with the heat.

Welcome to Colorado! Regular herfs are afoot, and a lot of great botls here. Stay tuned.

Welcome to cool, colorful Colorado! I can't add to what's already been said about the humidity. Looking forward to meeting you at one of our front range HERFs. :tu

Looking forward to it. Still learning my way around the area. So far haven't really found a good B&M. For the moment (until January) I live in Boulder proper, so things are expensive. Not a bad selection, though. Just on the pricey end. I have heard that there's a good place in Lafayette, so I may check it out this weekend if I can ever get out of the library.

Back