Madison Wi area B&M Reopening with LFD

gvarsity

mr. mom
Just wanted post on behalf of the best B & M in Madison. (I'm not affiliated with them I just like their shop) The tasting room of Monona (which is in Madison) purchased a new retail space about a half mile from there current space.

On June 26th at 5:30 pm they are having a grand reopening in their new space. There will be two events going on one is a single malt tasting and the other is a La Flor Domininca Cigars tasting. Two favorites of mine. Mmmm good. :ss

The shop is owned by two brothers. They sell wine, spirits, cigars and cigar accessories. They have a very nice humidor and they try to focus on independent producers like Torano, Camacho, Perdomo, Fuente, Padron, La Flor Dominica, Oliva etc...I haven't been in the new space yet but I'm sure it will be nice. If you are within a couple hour drive of Madison I suspect it will be worth the trip. Hope to see you there.

Great, thanks for the information! I was last in The Tasting Room sometime during January, and heard they were moving. I've never had an LFD, so this sounds like a good opportunity. :ss

Bump/Reminder I stopped in today and checked out the new digs. Pretty nice. They didn't have the lounge smoking area set up yet but the humidor looked fantastic. 30+ feet long and stocked with all kinds of goodness. Starting at 5:30 they are having a single malt scotch tasting with six different single malts 25$ with 20$ off a bottle purchase. They are also having the regional La Flor Dominica Rep coming by. I know they are putting together some three pack samplers and I believe they are having a raffle of some kind. According to the owner they are the largest LFD retailer in Wi and this is the first LFD event of this kind in Wi so it should be cool. I unfortuately will have to do a hit and run because of family responsibilities. Hopefully I'll have time for the scotch and one cigar. :ss Hope to see some other gorillas there.

Due to baby responsibilities I was only able to stop in for a minute but I picked up a couple Litto Gomez Small Batch #2. Place was hopping. Would have loved to hang around and be there for the raffle. Looked like they were giving away some nice boxes. Decent food spread and good beer and scotch. It's going to be a nice place to hang out. I'll have to try to tempt the MoB crew to come through.

Due to baby responsibilities I was only able to stop in for a minute but I picked up a couple Litto Gomez Small Batch #2. Place was hopping. Would have loved to hang around and be there for the raffle. Looked like they were giving away some nice boxes. Decent food spread and good beer and scotch. It's going to be a nice place to hang out. I'll have to try to tempt the MoB crew to come through.

Yeah, it was great. I picked up the LFD sample bag (Coronado, Premium Line, Double Ligero) plus a free Ligero, as well as a couple of Oliva Serie V Lanceros. The new place looks great. I won a bottle of pricey Italian wine in the raffle, and it turned out to be my wife's favorite wine. (We'll have to wait a while to enjoy it though; she's pregnant with twins!)

Hey Asher, congrats on the upcoming twins... my wife and I just had our first a month ago.

Anyway, I too was at the reopening. It was very well done. I also enjoyed the scotch tasting event.

I always like the way I am treated there. Very classy and friendly.

Hey Asher, congrats on the upcoming twins... my wife and I just had our first a month ago.

Anyway, I too was at the reopening. It was very well done. I also enjoyed the scotch tasting event.

I always like the way I am treated there. Very classy and friendly.

Congratulations on the twins Asher and congratulations to you TankerT as well. Guess we all have new ones here or on the way my little girl turned a month old yesterday. Looked like a good time but it wasn't meant to be I'm afraid. Did y'all get a chance to talk to the LFD rep? I was looking forward to finding out more about the business in general and LFD specifically from him.

Congrats again. We should schedule a new fathers support group at the MTR. :ss

gvarsity - congrats to you as well! Our son is a month old in 3 days... :)

We should have a new parent support meeting some time at the TR. That would be fun.

I didn't talk much to the LFD rep. It was pretty crowded and noisy around him. But, the stogies were great. (My first LFDs, and I think I have a new top 10 cigar for my humi...)

New parent support meeting sounds like great fun. I love LFD cigars great flavor and balance for cigars with as much kick as they have. I really enjoy the Litto Gomez line the best. Mmmmm good.

New parent support meeting sounds like great fun. I love LFD cigars great flavor and balance for cigars with as much kick as they have. I really enjoy the Litto Gomez line the best. Mmmmm good.

Well... I haven't tried the LG yet... but it's sitting in the humi... calling my name...

Back