Magus Gran Magus

Wacco

Motorcycle Cowboy
Got a couple of these at Tim's sit-down back in October.

Had the first when I first got back home.

Decent construction, a tad too much glue on the wrapper. No big deal. Had some burn issues, and the wrapper kept opening up. Figured it might be from the travel, I'd let the other sit. The taste was on the bland side, potent, almost overwhelming tobacco taste and aftertaste.

OK, the other has been sitting two months. Once out of the cellphane, I took a look at the construction. Something I'd never seen in 26 years of cigars. On the side of the cap, a hole. Not a beetle hole, a gaping wound. Well, a wrapper flaw can be overlooked, but whoever rolled it, smeared glue all over the cap, as to cover the hole. Fred Sanford would use less Bondo on his truck. I cut it anyway. Wrapper just came undone. I tried my best to salvage it. Looking back, I have no idea why. Lit it anyway. Now the foot is unwrapping. Being stubborn and dilligent, I kept going. Made it just over 1/2 through, but when I hit the taste of dry hay, I had to give up.

After research, I see these are going for about $150/box of 25. Don't bother. These were free, and I still feel like I got taken.

I never heard of these before - but I will be sure to steer in the other direction if I ever see any - thanks

Interesting! I found Magus cigars in my 2guyssmokeshop catalog.

Supposedly, this cigar is using Ecuadorian "swamp tobacco" grown in paddies like rice.

I find myself strangely attracted to this cigar just for the sake of experience. I can get a pc for around $5.

I saw that in Two Guys as well. Just something about the 'swamp tobacco' thing that turned me off...I'm near enough to the store to visit now and then, maybe I'll ask Dave (the owner) about it...

Back