Man my colibri sucks...Need a reliable lighter!!!!

pro2625

Cigars, Guns, and Booze
Ive had my colibri lighter about 2 months and smoke a cigar a day or every other day. I only use Vector 5+ filtered butane in my colibri and it always worked ok...

Now it works when it want to :( Last night I decided to light up a nice taboo twist for my after dinner smoke and I only got half of it lit cause my stupid colibri decided it just didnt want going to work. So of course the cigar has some burn problems and I tried to touch them up but the damn colibri wouldnt fire. I sat there for at least 20 minutes fiddling with the lighter to get it to work while the poor taboo was suffering...So I said screw it and lit it with my fiancee's cigarette lighter :( I have now witnessed how a regular lighter can change the taste of a nice cigar.

I need a new lighter bad! Can anyone reccomend the most reliable lighter on the market that has a reasonable price to go along with it? I dont care what it looks like, I dont care if it has all the extra features in the world....I just want a lighter that will light when Im ready for it to light....So frustrating

/end rant

Ive had my colibri lighter about 2 months and smoke a cigar a day or every other day. I only use Vector 5+ filtered butane in my colibri and it always worked ok...

Now it works when it want to :( Last night I decided to light up a nice taboo twist for my after dinner smoke and I only got half of it lit cause my stupid colibri decided it just didnt want going to work. So of course the cigar has some burn problems and I tried to touch them up but the damn colibri wouldnt fire. I sat there for at least 20 minutes fiddling with the lighter to get it to work while the poor taboo was suffering...So I said screw it and lit it with my fiancee's cigarette lighter :( I have now witnessed how a regular lighter can change the taste of a nice cigar.

I need a new lighter bad! Can anyone reccomend the most reliable lighter on the market that has a reasonable price to go along with it? I dont care what it looks like, I dont care if it has all the extra features in the world....I just want a lighter that will light when Im ready for it to light....So frustrating

/end rant

I've got three of them and never had a problem. I know some of them are sensitive to refilling process. That said, I've also had good luck with cheap "Wolf Brand" lighters, as well as the Xicar series. Although I don't own one... Blazers are supposed to kick ass.

Ronson. $3 at Walmart if you can beat the crackheads to the counter. :tu

I went to my local Wal-mart and the lady working there told me they are not carrying those anymore. I was highly disappointed because of all the talk they gain around here and the simple fact they only cost $3 bucks. I wonder if that policy is a regional thing. Still its kinda lame.

I went to my local Wal-mart and the lady working there told me they are not carrying those anymore. I was highly disappointed because of all the talk they gain around here and the simple fact they only cost $3 bucks. I wonder if that policy is a regional thing. Still its kinda lame.

I've never seen them in an of the Walmarts around here either.

"Vince" the ShamWow! pitch-man beat me to the last one.

I would love to shove a 'ShamWow!' down that guys throat. Right behind the Bobby Brown headset and I'm normally a very peaceful and fun loving guy.

In other news, try compressed air on the head for the Colibri after you've purged it. Might just be some ash all buggered up in the jet.

I bought all 6 Ronsons when I came across them at the local Wal-Mart...all I can say is you get what you pay for. I had nothing but problems with each and every one of them. It was REALLY frustrating. Last week I bought a Blazer and couldn't be happier :2

I've got three of them and never had a problem. I know some of them are sensitive to refilling process. That said, I've also had good luck with cheap "Wolf Brand" lighters, as well as the Xicar series. Although I don't own one... Blazers are supposed to kick ass.

Vector has been a very reliable brand. With your CS Coupon codes, you can get a really great price.
Rob

The only reason why I haven't thrown my Colibri away is that it's given me 6 years of (unreliable) service. I figure I've gotten my moneys worth out of it by now. Must...buy...blazer..

We were just discussing the bad rep that colibri has @ Shack Herf this weekend. Some fairly reliable mods here said that you have to bleed them for a solid minute or two before refilling. If you're careful with the refilling process they'll last a lifetime.

That being said, if you don't want to hassle with a 4minute refill process everytime, send it to me instead of throwing it out. :D

Back