Man O' War Review

Pipe&Cigar

Grape Ape
I chose the Torpedo Version (I am drawn to these for some unknown reason) I read some reviews before I purchased it, I had yet to experience a "Full Bodied" cigar and I think I bit off more than I could chew with this one... My newbie palate was blown away, I could taste some complexity in it but can't tell you what I tasted. I had to put it down several times to clear my head, I don't consider myself a light weight by any means but this puppy was STRONG!

The construction, Draw and Burn was Flawless. I noticed quite a bit of smoke while it sat idle in my hand (I don't know if this is good, bad or not important?)

This is one I will have to come back to in a few years and try again, for you FOG's that like a Full - Full cigar and haven't tried this one, I am sure it will please.

Thanks for the review. I've also seen where this smoke is rated as Full Bodied, and I guess I'm just not getting it.

I love this cigar but find it medium and creamy, wonderful flavors and aromas but nothing overwhelming.

I actually have given one of these to 2 of my buddies and they loved it without noting anything heavy about it.

Have you had anything else that you considered Full Bodied to compare it to?

Thanks again!

Thanks for the review PC. It sounded as if you had laid down a stick of dynamite with all the smoke rolling off:r Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this another brand being made by AJ Hernandez? He's the same person that blends the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet series which is also a mighty fine smoke (especially with a little rest in the humi). I've seen these mentioned from the on-line retailers, but not in our local B&M's here yet...:ss

Thanks for the review PC. It sounded as if you had laid down a stick of dynamite with all the smoke rolling off:r Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this another brand being made by AJ Hernandez? He's the same person that blends the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet series which is also a mighty fine smoke (especially with a little rest in the humi). I've seen these mentioned from the on-line retailers, but not in our local B&M's here yet...:ss

I have tried quite a few "Full" Cigars (The Punch line are some of my favorites, CAO Bazillia, Ashton ESG, Henry Clay, Opus X to name a few) I think it may have been due to smoking on an empty stomach? Just searching I found this info about Man O' War:

"Man O’ War is carefully blended and hand-crafted by Abdel Fernandez in Esteli, Nicaragua. Born in Cuba, Abdel began working with tobacco at a very young age under the watchful eye of cigar legend Alejandro Robaina. Don Alejandro is widely regarded as the Godfather of premium tobacco, growing what has been considered the finest wrapper leaf in Cuba’s prized Pinar del Rio region for the past 40+ years. After years absorbing this knowledge, Abdel moved to Nicaragua 6 years ago and began building what is now emerging as one of the finest boutique makers in the country.

Of all the cigars made in his factory – ITC 10th Anniversary, Padilla Habano, Rocky Patel Fusion – Abdel considers the Man O’ War his finest creation. Each expertly made cigar is a sight to behold. The dark Habano Ecuador wrapper is beautiful...thick, smooth, and covered with natural oils. This thing is stunning, positively gorgeous. But underneath the velvet glove is a hammer, a robust medium-full recipe of aged Cuban-seed Nicaraguan long-fillers which unleashes a bold bouquet for the senses. The opening is robust, with heavy spice and wood undertones, developing a chewy, velvety-smooth core of oak and earth which coats the palate, leaving behind a sweet array of spices. A variety of understated nuances come and go throughout the burn, including coffee, cocoa bean, and a touch of vanilla. Man O’ War is simply incredible. I mean it."

Last edited:
Back