Manufacturer concern?

cbsmokin

Lowland Gorilla
I have been reading lots of threads lately about mold on sticks, over humidification, no humidification, and crappy walk ins at liquor stores, head shops and even some cigar shops.

This made me wonder if the manufactures care who resells their products? Do they inspect your location before you can order from them as a retailer or do you simply call them up and they start shipping you product?

I am sure the more common the brand the less they care but I imagined the premium manufactures would not want their product sold at inappropriate retailers. It kind of reminds me of the stance a lot of manufactures take on the Internet retailers, if you buy on-line there is no guarantee it is a genuine product and we will not honor any warranty.

Just got me thinking for some reason.

I hear what you're saying. I've walked into a few humidors at discount tobacco shops or wherever, and actually broke a sweat it was so hot inside the humidor. The only thing they have for humidification is a house hold humidifier running full blast, and as far as I could tell... absolutely no way of monitoring either. It seems to always be the same brands sitting in those humis also. The one that I seem always see is Macanudo. Those are the humis you just back out of, nod and say thanks to the owner, and make fun of them the whole way to a good B&M that actually knows what they are doing.

Manufacturers DO care about where and how their cigars are sold. Our reps visit us periodically and we've talked about the condition of some of these stores and their humidors. You can easily see what they carry and realize why they don't carry certain stuff. The fact of the matter is, that the reps will NOT sell to most of these shoddy operations.

Manufacturers DO care about where and how their cigars are sold. Our reps visit us periodically and we've talked about the condition of some of these stores and their humidors. You can easily see what they carry and realize why they don't carry certain stuff. The fact of the matter is, that the reps will NOT sell to most of these shoddy operations.

I hear what you're saying. I've walked into a few humidors at discount tobacco shops or wherever, and actually broke a sweat it was so hot inside the humidor. The only thing they have for humidification is a house hold humidifier running full blast, and as far as I could tell... absolutely no way of monitoring either. It seems to always be the same brands sitting in those humis also. The one that I seem always see is Macanudo. Those are the humis you just back out of, nod and say thanks to the owner, and make fun of them the whole way to a good B&M that actually knows what they are doing.
:tpd:

the better cigars will probley not ever show up at a hole in the wall shop. i went to a cigar shop that seemed nice every thing was in good shape untill the owner opened his mouth. he told me that if my cigars are in heat 80F or up they are trash.Also that i should clean my humi with bleach 2 times a year. then he said he puts bleach in the humidifiers water. when i was in the walk in humi there was not a smell at all just a hint of pipe tobacco.

but some dealers care more than others

Back