Maturing of a Young Primate

Kayak_Rat

SeekingOutTrueCS
I have been putting off this for as long as possible. I have found the best way to keep from buying form the DEVIL site and other DEMON sites is to limit the space you have to store them. Then you feel too guilty for not having a good place to store them. Well all that went down the toilet the other day. A good month a the plant meant an extra windfall. That windfall bought me my first humidor. I am now officially on my way. Thanks to all the gorillas(far to many to name) that have helped(shoved) me to this point. Now I am looking for another(bigger) humi.
IT NEVER ENDS!!!

Pose 1

Pose 2

Next step:
5X's bigger than 5X's bigger than you think you need.
Might as well. You will end up there eventually anyway.

I should have bought a 300. It is listed at 100-150. I think it will suffice for now. I always have the trusty tupperdor.

Dave,Blue.......be gentle, its my first time:r

Joe.........:fu You just love stomping on the new guys, huh!

Oh you mean your not telling anyone about the about the combo wine rack / humidor project....? What, you planning us sneaking with that one? :hn We'll be blowing your current humidor the heck up real soon I'm sure ;)

I agree with pnoon :r :r , I tried to tell myself that at one time also. Then reality came crashing down on my head and now I'm in the market for a cabinet. At least I will know enough to go big this time :) You'll probably end up using that one for your smoke now cigars and your future others for storing the little beauties.

I have my first question about seasoning it. I heated the water i put in the bottom a bit and it is condensating on the underside of the glass. Is this going to cause any issues? I am worried about the onset of mold. Thanks for all the positive support. You guys are awesome.

Nice Humidor Rat. Fill that bad boy up.

Looks real nice and the size I should have started out with. Classier then the cooler I got.

Stacey

Kayak_Rat said:
I have my first question about seasoning it. I heated the water i put in the bottom a bit and it is condensating on the underside of the glass. Is this going to cause any issues? I am worried about the onset of mold. Thanks for all the positive support. You guys are awesome.

Lots of ways will work. I use a wadded up paper towel on a dish. More surface area. Wouldn't worry about the condensation and moisture during seasoning.

Kayak_Rat said:

I haven't heard of heating the water before. I personally would not try it. Just put the water in a container and be patient. Yes, I know that part is very hard to do. Congrats on the new purchase.

Good luck...BTW, I agree just go ahead and get it over with...by the cooler:)

Not bad, but you're gonna need a bigger humidor.

"We need to get bigger humidors. BIG F--KING HUMIDORS!" - Dick Durkin (almost) in Split Second (1992)
fighting0015.gif

Kayak_Rat said:

Issues? Unless you keep the condensation from dripping onto the cedar, it might leave some nasty water spots or maybe even raise the grain of the cedar.

I've never had a glass top humior but I too use warm distilled water to season new humidors. I think it helps speed evaporation. I use a small plastic bowl and don't warm the water to the point where melting would be an issue ... I want to be able to stick my finger in it without burning myself. The plastic container will take care of any condesation issue involving the bowl.

If it's condensing on the glass lid, it is probably the result of the cooler temperature of the glass relative to the temperature of the heated water that is evaporating inside. Since I can't think of a good way to warm the glass lid, I agree that I would just stop using warm water. Above all, be patient, don't rush the seasoning process.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys. The condensation did not last too long so I feel better about it. The warm water,I have been told by a few FOG's, Will speed up the seasoning considerrably. Now is just the waiting game. Who ever thought cigars would be this much fun?

Back