Maybe the wife understands now.

Mystophales

Heavy Metal Jesus
Had a pretty good night last night. I was sitting outside smoking a 5 Vegas Gold Torpedo when the wife comes out and sits with me. We talked about the kids, her job, my job and how much better our life together has become from the time we were first married 9 1/2 years ago. It was just an all out relaxing kind of vibe and good time.

Now you have to remember my wife has been giving me all kinds of crap about starting to smoke cigars almost three months ago now. To put it lightly she was pissed since we had both quit smoking cigarettes about 3 years ago and she figured cigars were the same thing. I have tried unsucessfully to explain that it is not the same thing at all but after last night I think she now understands. She even commented thet she didn't realize the amount of relaxation you can get out of just sitting back with a cigar for an hour.

So who knows but I think the power of the leaf may have convinced her at last...gotta love the epiphany...:ss

I was in the same boat with my fiancee, both of us were ex smokers. When I started smoking cigars she was pissed. But now when the baby goes to sleep and I chill out on the porch, we sit and talk while I enjoy a good smoke. She says she doesnt mind me smoking now, at least when I am smoking, I listen. hahahaha

Its good when they understand it.

I sit on the deck every night for an hour and talk with my fiance about the daily happenings. A glass of Merlot and a cigar and we are relaxed and talking.

Niether one of us smoke and my wife wasn't happy about me taking it up. After a 2 weeks of sitting together outside, she's didn't seem to bad about it. I took a week off from smoking too. She seems pretty cool now. If only I can get her to try one.... hheheheheh.

My wife just says that I better not get oral cancer or she'll be pissed. I like to think that she enjoys sitting on the balcony will me discussing the days happenings. Usually she uses this time to vent since she's a 2 grade school teacher. I just smoke my cigar and listen.

My wife just says that I better not get oral cancer or she'll be pissed. I like to think that she enjoys sitting on the balcony will me discussing the days happenings. Usually she uses this time to vent since she's a 2 grade school teacher. I just smoke my cigar and listen.

I tell my fiancee that I wont get oral cancer if she doubles up on giving me oral, I tell her its like a double negative and it will cancel out my smoking.

Btw she hasnt taken the bait for that one yet. :ss

Excellent story because my wife and I do the same thing on the deck. I like to just sit there and relax and reflect on nothing in general. She comes outside and we talk about everything. She hates that I smoke, but she knows I enjoy it and it is a fact that they reduce stress. I just have to make sure she's not down wind from the smoke! :D

I tell my fiancee that I wont get oral cancer if she doubles up on giving me oral, I tell her its like a double negative and it will cancel out my smoking.

Btw she hasnt taken the bait for that one yet. :ss

Tell her that is how you can suck the cancer out....like a snake bite.:r

What is your secret? My wife still complains. Although the nagging has lessen, but I still get an ear full once in awhile. =/

Good for you bro.

Had a pretty good night last night. I was sitting outside smoking a 5 Vegas Gold Torpedo when the wife comes out and sits with me. We talked about the kids, her job, my job and how much better our life together has become from the time we were first married 9 1/2 years ago. It was just an all out relaxing kind of vibe and good time.

Now you have to remember my wife has been giving me all kinds of crap about starting to smoke cigars almost three months ago now. To put it lightly she was pissed since we had both quit smoking cigarettes about 3 years ago and she figured cigars were the same thing. I have tried unsucessfully to explain that it is not the same thing at all but after last night I think she now understands. She even commented thet she didn't realize the amount of relaxation you can get out of just sitting back with a cigar for an hour.

So who knows but I think the power of the leaf may have convinced her at last...gotta love the epiphany...:ss

Sounds like a Kodak moment.........Look out for the Milwaukee's best beer can.

Jerry in Minnesota.

Some of our best time together is on the front porch with a glass of wine and a cigar for me. I've not tried the oral cancer prevention-yet. I'm thinking she's not going to buy into it. I told her one time that the doctor said to have sex every day for my prostate health and she didn't believe me.

Mine doesn't like it, but hates cigarettes and given the two, she'd choose cigars every day. She's totally into being on the deck with a glass of wine for her, scotch for me, and she likes picking out what I smoke :) Not a bad deal for sure.

Danielle and I always sit together outside and I will have a cigar and we do the normal chit chat and jokes. I only smoke maybe 4 cigars a week and she does not mind, I think it would bother her if I smoked everyday, only because of the health issues related with it. She will get up and go inside usually half way through the smoke and get a kiss from me before, she has taken up calling me "smokey" because of my breath when smoking. :r

Wife here loves to sit on the deck with a glass of wine and just relax after everything has been topsy turvy! It is a refuge and great to relax with someone who really likes the things you do. I feel priviledged. It is a gift. Wish I was younger and could make sex last as long!!:r

I'm not married but that was a really nice and sweet story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Actually, it made me believe that there are good and decent women in the world that are worth marrying.

Thank you.

I wouldn't know because I haven't said a word to my wife in the past six months. Hell, I don't want to interupt her. :)
Seriously, she doesn't mind that I smoke them she just hates the smell and we are both ex smokers.

Back