Memorial Weekend Contest

edisonbird

SilverBack
A little contest in the celebration of the upcoming weekend. Mostly movies and old rock and roll. First one to get them all right wins 1 Monte #2 01, 1 BBF 98, 1 PSD3El 02, 1PSD4 01, 1 Boli Corona 98, 1 Por Larranaga PC cab selection 01, 1 SLR PC 97, one RASS 01.

1. In the 1966 film Blow Up, a rock group played at a disco that was visited, what was the groups name.

2. Name three famous lead guitar players that played for the Yardbirds.

3. In the movie Casablanca, Humphrey Bogarts character was named Rick, what was his last name.

4. Who wrote the song Needles and Pins.

5. Iron Butterfly had a hit named Ina Gadda Da Vida, what was the original name of the song before a drug induced lead singer pronounced it like that.

6. Name two Heisman Trophy winners who went to USNA?

7. What was the name of the first white group to record for Motown Records, and what was their biggest hit.

8. What was the original name of Led Zeppelin.

9. What is my favorite cigar.

10. Who was the organ player and lead vocalist for The Spencer Davis Group.

11. The song Black Magic woman was given to Santana by another group, a member of which wrote it, who was he and what was the name of the group.

First one to get them all wins. Prize will be mailed out Tuesday morning.

:w :u :al

Last edited:
Wow, thats a really good quiz, and being a young buck i only know a few answers. But ill keep them to myself!!!!!!

...kjpman:w

i should see how many people i could stump with a contest of my own. hhhhmmmmmmmm;)

You can guess as many times as you want, I will tell you how many you have right each time, but not which ones. Nitey Nite.

1) Yardbirds

2)Jimmy Page, Chris Dreja, Eric Clapton, and Jeff Beck

3) Blaine

4)Jack Nitzsche / Sonny Bono

5)"In the Garden of Eden"

6)Joe Bellino, Roger Staubach

7)The Messengers, Rare Earth

8) New Yardbirds

9) SD3, or BBF, or SLR PC, or PSD4, OR Monte 2, or some type of Cuban LOL

10) Steve Winwood

11) Fleetwood Mac guitarist Peter Green

Last edited:
1. the yardbirds
2. jeff beck, eric clapton, jimmy page
3. Blaine
4. Sonny Bono and Jack Nitzsche
5. In the Garden of Eden
6. Joe Bellino and Roger Staubach
7. Rare Earth - Get Ready
8. The New Yardbirds
9. SLR PC
10.Steve Winwood
11.Peter Green - Fleetwood Mac

Holy Smokes Batman! er I mean Ebirdman! Was you a disc jockey in the sixties? This is a real mindbender, I doubt I got it, even google let me down. And still it begins, Needles and Pins. Goodluck to all! rns

1. The Yardbirds
2. Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page
3. Blaine
4. Jack Nitzsche/Sonny Bono
5. In the Garden of Eden
6. Joe Bellino and Roger Staubach
7. (Michael and) The Messengers, Midnight Hour
8. The New Yardbirds
9. SLR PC
10.Steve Winwood
11.Peter Green - Fleetwood Mac

We have a winner, Brandon was the first one with all the correct answers. Send me your snailer Bran, I looked and I must have lost it. Congrats :D :D

I'm impressed!

Edisonbird & Brandon,

I don't know who I am impressed with more, EBM for thinking of the questions or Brandon for answering!!!

Im cool with not getting the cigars, but I am certain that last night when I posted my answers there was only one person that posted before me and that person was the "winner". At that time he had #4 listed as the Ramones, not sonny bono (I am POSITIVE of this b/c I wrote it down b/c i was curious to see if he was right). Anyway, I go on today and somehow he now has it listed as Sony bono..........
Like i said, Im cool with not getting the smokes, I just figured I'd point this out. (I know, im a sore loser.....:mad: )

I got em if you want to smoke em. Send me your snailer and I will send you a consolation prize. Rare Earth performed many times at USNA way back when, that was the answer I was looking for, but Bran also listed another group, I said you could guess as many times as you wanted and he did. The organ player for Rare Earth lives right here in Ft. Myers. I didn't notice anything odd about these posts this morning, I didn't see anything after about 10 last nite, checked them at 4 this morning and Brandons was the first post. Decision still stands, but like I said I will send you some consolation smokes, PM me the snailer.:w :w

Smokem could be right. I edited a couple times within a period while I was searching. I wasn't paying attention or sure of what was posted during that time. If he says he posted first, then he posted first. You can go ahead and declare him the winner. No biggie. I have plenty to smoke. :w

Like I said Bran, my decision still stands, please send me your snailer, I have most of it, but am missing part of it.:w

Back