Mexican Connection Delivers

tzaddi

jardinero de la selva
Today I recieved a package in the mail that I could smell as I approached the rural group mailbox. I opened my small letter box, got my mail and the key to retrieve the sweet smelling package.

Doug at Calidad Tobaccos San Andres was completing an order that I had placed sometime back.

He sent about 3 lbs of binder (capote) and Capa (wrapper). The wrapper is San Andres Morron and Sumatra and the binder is Havana Clara 2001. All of the tobacco is grown, dried, cured and aged in the Tuxtla Valley, San Andres, Mexico south of Veracruz. I know many people "steer" clear of Mexican cigars and tobacco but I like it now and again and enjoy the availability of the loose leaf.

It is such a treat to hold those bundles to my face and take in the sweet aroma.

As a bonus for taking so long to fill my order Doug sent along;
10 Getomi Churchill Havana
5 Getomi Esplendido Havana
10 Getomi Havana

I have some filler from my last shipment and I look forward to getting together with my friends and practicing our trocedor skills and smoking some cigars. There is probably a cerveza or two in that protocol.

Doug Redmond, the owner of Calidad Tobaccos is also the International Fund-raiser for DEMATAC.
DEMATAC is dedicated to protecting the biodiversity and promoting the conservation of Los Tuxtlas; by means of the dissemination of information, environmental education, the promotion of activities in the field, and by direct action.

Here is a photo of Doug with one of the small growers from the region, Guillermo is an Olmec native.
Nicotiana&

Now on with the show...

The Delivery
DSC06877.jpg

Another Self Portrait
DSC06880.jpg

Smoke 'em if you got 'em:ss

—Richard

Before we know it we are all going to be buying 'tzaddi Especiales'. :ss
Good luck with the rolling practice.:tu

From your previous post, it looks like you enjoyed the Getomi... I will have to look for one of those, however, if you are starting a list, I would like to get my hands on a tzaddi-rolled cigar... I'll pay ya for it!

:tu:ss

What are those nutty lookin' things in your posts?

You mean the row of "nutty" items at the bottom of this post, in my signature line? Nutty is a good word for them. They are seed pods from the tobacco plant, all of the little seeds are inside. I have heard them called "beans before as well.

Here is a photo showing there size. Please ignore those rolled items in the background they are the results of some very early learning experiences rolling tobacco.

DSC01821.jpg

If you want to check out some more stuff on growing tobacco and see more pictures here is a link.
http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=77343

Thanks for asking.

Your connection may would sell you some cigar blanks and you could pratice rolling with those. Blanks are binder and filler that has already been in a press. All you would have to do is apply the wrapper leaf and trim it to size. Some cigar factories will sell this way for people rolling cigars. After you get that down then you can do the entire cigar. You haul does look great. :tu

wow!! Looks like you're going to have a lot of fun rolling those up. Make sure to take plenty of pics :ss

You mean the row of "nutty" items at the bottom of this post, in my signature line? Nutty is a good word for them. They are seed pods from the tobacco plant, all of the little seeds are inside. I have heard them called "beans before as well.

Here is a photo showing there size. Please ignore those rolled items in the background they are the results of some very early learning experiences rolling tobacco.

DSC01821.jpg

If you want to check out some more stuff on growing tobacco and see more pictures here is a link.
http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=77343

Thanks for asking.
Thanks for sharing all this. It is fascinating.

DSC06880.jpg

Long hair, leafy substance, purple shade sunglasses, "Life is Good' shirt.........you big damn hippy!!!! :tu

Do keep us informed. I find this kinda of stuf very interesting.

Long hair, leafy substance, purple shade sunglasses, "Life is Good' shirt.........you big damn hippy!!!! :tu

Do keep us informed. I find this kinda of stuf very interesting.

I didn't call it my "Mexican Connection" for nothing.:D

I sparked one of the Getomi coronas up with my cup of coffee this morning and it started out like a CAO Gold (fresh bread toasting) and when it hit midpoint it opened up believe it or not with anise/licorice on the tongue. From there it moved into a pepper finish waking up the tongue. Exhaling through the nose was a flavorful experience to the end. Not a trace of harshness. Mild to medium body but full toasty flavor thoughout. It is still a pleasant taste in my mouth and mustache, not one of those smokes where I rush to the sink and brush my teeth and wash my face.

Now I have to go cut my hair and get a job. :D

—Richard

Back