Miami Hidden Gems Smokes Question

gvarsity

mr. mom
A non-smoking buddy of mine recently moved to Miami and called me about my pending birthday and asked me if I wanted him to try to pick up some Cubans cigars for me. I very briefly explained the likelihood of getting authentic cuban cigars was low (or impossible) and that there are plenty of non-cubans cigars that locally rolled in Miami and that I would prefer some of those. He thought this was great idea and asked me to give him a selection of things to choose from.

So here is my question to you my fine gorillas. What cigars are available only in the Miami area. I would prefer that they be generally unavailable online. I'm looking for those fantastic smokes that you have to walk into the shop or know the local phone number to get them. Are there hidden gems in Little Havana?

If these hidden gems don't exist the next best thing is what recommendations do have from the Little Havana factories?

Just a thought I visted La Gloria Cubana on 8 ST. They sell seconds of the Series R cigar and others from their brand. They come in bundles. The ones I bought are called Super Magnums(maduro). I paid about 55 dollars for 25 smokes. Overall a good smoke.

They told me they only sell them at their store not online nor at any shops.

Also if you like Padrons you can buy any of the Padron line buy the box or sample packet from Padron directly.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Also stay away from any cigar sales in Miami Beach they are all overpriced. I mean from the stores to people at the night clubs.

If you are a Padron fan some stores do sell the 80TH at MSRP (30 DOLLARS).

Good luck,

Dan

Also stay away from any cigar sales in Miami Beach they are all overpriced. I mean from the stores to people at the night clubs.

If you are a Padron fan some stores do sell the 80TH at MSRP (30 DOLLARS).

Good luck,

Dan

No kidding. I was on a 5 hour layover and my buddy picked me up and we had lunch at Sopranos near South Beach and I walked down to a small sho and got charged 12 bucks for a Chateau Fuente.

I didn't have a lot of options as my travel humi was in the belly of the plane.

No kidding. I was on a 5 hour layover and my buddy picked me up and we had lunch at Sopranos near South Beach and I walked down to a small sho and got charged 12 bucks for a Chateau Fuente.

I didn't have a lot of options as my travel humi was in the belly of the plane.

Doh! Yeah no South Beach. Just little havana.

A non-smoking buddy of mine recently moved to Miami and called me about my pending birthday and asked me if I wanted him to try to pick up some Cubans cigars for me. I very briefly explained the likelihood of getting authentic cuban cigars was low (or impossible) and that there are plenty of non-cubans cigars that locally rolled in Miami and that I would prefer some of those. He thought this was great idea and asked me to give him a selection of things to choose from.

So here is my question to you my fine gorillas. What cigars are available only in the Miami area. I would prefer that they be generally unavailable online. I'm looking for those fantastic smokes that you have to walk into the shop or know the local phone number to get them. Are there hidden gems in Little Havana?

If these hidden gems don't exist the next best thing is what recommendations do have from the Little Havana factories?

Also try El Titan de Bronze, great cigars!

These are not rolled in Miami (I don't think), but definitely qualify as a local product. La Tradicion Cubana in the Kendall area produces a killer cigar. All the sizes are delicious and their other line, Sabor Cubano, is also a winner. The owner, Luis Sanchez, is usually at this little warehouse and is very friendly and easy to talk to. I discovered this place as a newb and he welcomed me in and gave me advice and even threw in some freebies to taste. A real gentleman. I highly recommend.

These are not rolled in Miami (I don't think), but definitely qualify as a local product. La Tradicion Cubana in the Kendall area produces a killer cigar. All the sizes are delicious and their other line, Sabor Cubano, is also a winner. The owner, Luis Sanchez, is usually at this little warehouse and is very friendly and easy to talk to. I discovered this place as a newb and he welcomed me in and gave me advice and even threw in some freebies to taste. A real gentleman. I highly recommend.
This was one of the first real cigars I tasted, and they were fantastic. I'd like to try one with my palate having advanced to where it is now (Nothing special, but I can certainly taste more now than then). I'm going to be heading that way around May, and will definitely be picking up at least a 5-er, if not significantly more. Any other local-only recommendations?

I would second the vote for El Titan. Great cigars and wonderful people who own the company.

Awesome feedback guys. Thank you. What I ended up telling him was to check out several factories and get their suggestions and go with whatever seemed interesting. I did give him some more specific guidlines about my general tastes and preferences. Since he is new to Miami he and his wife are going to make an afternoon of it and check out the area have lunch and hit a number of factories. I'm not sure how many or which they will visit but these were the ones I suggested. They are all on calle ocho within about six blocks of each other.

The shops I told him to look at were.

Art District Cigars
1638 SW 8th Street
Miami, FL 33135
305-644-0444

El Rey de los Habanos
1120 SW Eighth St. (between 11th and 12th aves.);
305-858-0001

El Titan de Bronze
1071 SW Eighth St. (corner of 11th Ave.);
305-860-1412

El Credito Cigar Factory
1106 SW Eighth St. (corner of 11th Ave.);
305-858-4162

Moore & Bode
810 SW 16th Ave
Miami, FL 305-649-5308

Awesome feedback guys. Thank you. What I ended up telling him was to check out several factories and get their suggestions and go with whatever seemed interesting. I did give him some more specific guidlines about my general tastes and preferences. Since he is new to Miami he and his wife are going to make an afternoon of it and check out the area have lunch and hit a number of factories. I'm not sure how many or which they will visit but these were the ones I suggested. They are all on calle ocho within about six blocks of each other.

The shops I told him to look at were.

Art District Cigars
1638 SW 8th Street
Miami, FL 33135
305-644-0444

El Rey de los Habanos
1120 SW Eighth St. (between 11th and 12th aves.);
305-858-0001

El Titan de Bronze
1071 SW Eighth St. (corner of 11th Ave.);
305-860-1412

El Credito Cigar Factory
1106 SW Eighth St. (corner of 11th Ave.);
305-858-4162

Moore & Bode
810 SW 16th Ave
Miami, FL 305-649-5308

I asked my dad the name of a hole in the wall Cuban place that was amazing. Food just like Abuela made. I'll let you know what it was called when he gets back to me. It was on Calle Ocho.

I'm going to be in Miami on Sat, July 26 and Sun, July 27 (carribbean cruise). I will arrive Sat afternoon, probably around 3:30 pm

Will that be too late to catch a taxi to 8th Street (Little Miami?) and see some of the cigar factories? Can you just walk in and ask for a tour? man, that would be awesome.

I'm going to be in Miami on Sat, July 26 and Sun, July 27 (carribbean cruise). I will arrive Sat afternoon, probably around 3:30 pm

Will that be too late to catch a taxi to 8th Street (Little Miami?) and see some of the cigar factories? Can you just walk in and ask for a tour? man, that would be awesome.

Have fun! It is about 15 minutes from the airport on a Sat to hit La Gloria Cubana and Pepin's place, plenty of time.

Well worth the trip!!

Where you headed - what ship?

Have fun! It is about 15 minutes from the airport on a Sat to hit La Gloria Cubana and Pepin's place, plenty of time.

Well worth the trip!!

Where you headed - what ship?

My wife and I are sailing with another couple on the Carnival Valor... Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maartens

We're actually flying into Ft Lauderdale, though (Southwest Airlines was cheaper than Delta or Northwest but they don't fly to the Miami airport). We'll have to take a shuttle to our hotel in South Beach, Miami. If we have time, I'd love to grab a taxi to Calle Ocho; I've never seen a cigar rolling before.

Back