Moist-N-Aire

jcarlton

Just a Pisser
Picked this up yesterday, now I just need a humidor to put it in.:tu

DSC00776.jpg

Is that going in a humidor or a cabinet?

It will be a cabinet or fridgeador. I talked with one of my beverage vendors today about a glass front refrigerator, like would be used to hold soda in a store or small restaurant. :tu

Have one in my cabinet and use it during the winter when the humidity in the house is low. It humidifies extremely well.

Two things to look out for:
  1. The humidity control on mine is not very sensitive and if you do not watch it, it can quickly over humidify your cabinet.
  2. Wash it extremely well, especially the cork. After the first month a lot of mold grew inside. After a second good washing it was fine. Use only demineralized water or you could have more problems with mold or scale build up.
I put mine on a timer, ran it about 15 min a day. That worked much better then using the control it came with.

Good luck finding something to put it in!

Have one in my cabinet and use it during the winter when the humidity in the house is low. It humidifies extremely well.

Two things to look out for:
  1. The humidity control on mine is not very sensitive and if you do not watch it, it can quickly over humidify your cabinet.
  2. Wash it extremely well, especially the cork. After the first month a lot of mold grew inside. After a second good washing it was fine. Use only demineralized water or you could have more problems with mold or scale build up.
I put mine on a timer, ran it about 15 min a day. That worked much better then using the control it came with.

Good luck finding something to put it in!

Hey thanks for the advice, you can bet I will follow it. The humidifier is used and it looks like they used tap water in it so I have a lot of cleaning to do before I use it for anything. I live in Denver (no humidity) so I may try it as is first but if I run into the same problem you had it is great to have your idea about a timer.

Hey thanks for the advice, you can bet I will follow it. The humidifier is used and it looks like they used tap water in it so I have a lot of cleaning to do before I use it for anything. I live in Denver (no humidity) so I may try it as is first but if I run into the same problem you had it is great to have your idea about a timer.

No problem, let me know how it turns out.

No problem, let me know how it turns out.

I ended up putting this unit in a Torano Noventa Cabinet Humidor and am having the same problems you talked about. Right now just having a half gallon of water sitting in the main storage area is keeping it just about 63-65% but the top glass area is only about 53-56%. At this point this is not a problem because I have plenty of unused storage space but if I keep sliding down the slope like I am right now it won't be long before I will have to do what you suggested and put it on a timer.

DSC00795.jpg

DSC00792.jpg

DSC00796.jpg

That is a fine looking humidor!

Make sure all your glass is sealed well. I had a small glass top and improved the seal significantly by sealing the edges of the glass with a small bead of silicone, the kind used for aquariums. Make sure it is fully cured before adding cigars. This usually takes about a day.

Back