Mombacho robusto

VirtualSmitty

Fear the walrus
Actually the full name is Mombacho Thermonuclear Triple Ligero. Quite the long name, only fitting that I got it from Tx"mylastnamecontainseveryletterofthealphabet"Matt. Out of the bomb he just blasted me with this one really caught my eye. Triple ligero? Nummy, I love that ultra spicy flavor that gobs of ligero gives off.

After fortifying myself with 2 spicy chicken sandwiches, I cut the cap and went to work. Nicely put together stick, no veins, neat cap. Draw sucks, pretty tight. Don't know about the rest of you, but a tight draw can be a deal killer for me. It's not the worst i've had so I deal and light up.

Holy f**k, first few puffs are like an assault of flavors. Lots of black pepper, really strong earthy flavors, and some serious power. After an inch or so it mellows out. Then I do something i've never done before. I dropped the cigar on the ground. It just slipped outta my hand. Happily there was only minor damage, slight wrapper crack. And the draw improved 10 fold! Went from crazy tight to just right.

As I hit the halfway point, i'm somewhat surprised by this stick. It's kinda like a rollercoaster. There are strong spots, then some mellow spots, then back to strong. Back and forth, up and down, this thing is a powerhouse. So far so good. Power and flavor is a good combo :)

It's the last third of this thing that really caught me off guard. As I hit the 1/3 marker this stick developed some crazy power. This cigar hits harder than a swift kick to boys. I thought it was strong in the begining, now it's just flat out evil. Loads of nice spicy flavor pouring outta thing. Surprisingly, at this point, it tastes almost exactly like some cuban custom rolleds I had made up some time ago (those were only double ligero). Except this was stronger. I nubbed it.

At the end this thing left me dizzy, with weak knees. I had to lay down in the fetal position afterwards. But I enjoyed the hell out of it. There are times when I want a cigar to kick my ass, and this thing fits the bill. Thanks Matt, i'm probably gonna pick up a box and let em sit for awile. Awesome cigar, bet it was Pepin inspired;)

VirtualSmitty said:
Then I do something i've never done before. I dropped the cigar on the ground.
:r
You have obviously forgotten the walk frm LCdH back to the bus, Hansel. ;)

pnoon said:

Oh thats TOO funny! :r
heard that story....I bet this time he did not have the "I'm gonna get arrested!* paranoia look

pnoon said:

Too funny, the street vendors in TJ were still talking about it last time we went;)

Back