Montecristo Series V??????

Ninja Vanish

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I was in a local store today looking at some of their stuff and I stumbled across a dust covered box of Montecristo Series V cigars. ("V" as in 5 in roman numerals) This was new to me, I have never heard or seen of this cigar EVER before. I tried searching the threads here to locate some more info on it but alas, no luck. I found it for sale online...It is Dominican in origin with a Cameroon wrapper and binder and filler from Brazil and Dominican Republic. It claims that it is a "smooth full-bodied smoke for those with a more discerning palate"... but since I have not smoked the one I bought yet, I was wondering if anyone out there had any of these and if so...what did they think about them?

It is a very nice cammie. The full size torp is, I believe, a series VI, so you are looking at something smaller? There is nothing on the Top25 database?

Had one or two a couple months back. Nothing special, light, shallow with short finish. No special qualities of note, even burning, good construction, no bitterness or excessive heat.

Not bad as an early morning cigar, or first of the day 'gar, but I had them in the evening and both times had to have some other smoke within 2 hours to get the "jones" tamed down.

In my dairy they got a score of 78 out of 100.

Check out the review DB at http://www.top25cigar.com/reviewdatabase/index.asp?showprod=yes&pkID=444
I have had a couple of these and thought they great! My favorite Montecristo so far. I normally think the Montecristo lines are well made but average tasting and overpriced. This stick (in the mini beli size) was VERY flavorful and burnt awesome. The best part was that my B&M had them on clearance for $4.80 ea. Needless to say that after I tried the first one I went back to buy more. I picked up the last 3 he had (two are still resting)
Hope that helps,
Jeff

I've had a few and they're not bad. I got a good full nuttiness flavor outta them. They're not to high on my buy list, but I'll smoke one once in a while if it catches my eye. I can find a few other sticks that are just as tasty and are priced better for the sizes.

Back