Moral Dilemma

What would you do?

• Call CI immediately and send them back!

Votes: 192 75.0%
  • Take a few days to think about it!

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Send them back because their Backwoods!

Votes: 36 14.1%
  • Never tell and smoke them!

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Never tell and give them to the troops!

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • Never tell that I smoke them, because they're Backwoods!

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

dwhitacre

My Other Brother Darrell
Here is the catch 22 - My wife placed an order with Cigars International and when the box came she noticed that it was huge, much bigger than the lighter she ordered.

Inside the box were 20 boxes of Backwoods cigars.

I will tell you later what she decided to do. But here is the question...

What would you do?

Last edited:
I would call CI let them know, then send them back.

Bottom line if you didn't pay for them they are not yours.

Too bad they weren't boxes of GOF's or something. I might be willing to go to hell if in that position.

I really don't know what'd I'd do. I think I'd wait a day or so and see if they call first....but of course that's not the moral thing to do, which would be to call them asap

Phatash.com once sent me an order that I didn't order. I sent it back.

I wish this poll was public. Looks like I could update my asshat list, unfortunatly. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I was in this similar situation with Tinderbox over a box of Diamond Crowns I ordered.

If I were you..I would do the right thing regardless. I'm willing to bet they will compensate you in some way for your honesty.

I'm willing to bet they will compensate you in some way for your honesty.

With more backwoods!! :r

Seriously, I would let them know. My guess is they will just tell you to hold on to them, wouldn't be worth the return shipping for them. Then you can send them away to the troops or whatever.

I look at it this way. If I filled a Portrait order and sent 10 in stead of 5, I would hope the customer would call me. I would probably reward them by letting them keep them. If you didn't pay for it, it doesn't belong to you.

I made a mistake when I was young that I learned from. I was at a NASACR Race. I was walking to my seat with the friend that I went with (we worked together). He saw a wallet, picked it up, took the cash and threw it back down. I should have asked him to do the right thing. But I didn't. The next week our lives were placed in danger as we were robbed at our job. One person was shot. What goes around comes around.
I'd be willing to bet your wife did the right thing though. :tu

I think most folks here aren't going to take advantage of a mistake.

Crying out loud we're all trying to give our cigars away to each other! We don't want the blooming things anyway! Speaking of that i'm smoking the San Cristobal you sent me Darrell - man is this good!!!

:chk:chk:chk:chk

Back