More plume

Finfan

ChestBeater
Saw a thread recently with plume shots and when I saw some, pulled out the cam to try to capture it. This is a Gran Habano Corojo gran robusto #5 that was sitting in the humi for 9 mos. Im starting to learn about aging and how it affects the taste as this was smooth, no harshness and very nice. thanks BOTL for all the knowledge.

Last edited:
Do you have any hi-res pics, or larger close ups? I see a few white specks, but maybe it's just the angle. At 9 months it's still pretty young for plume, isn't it? Not being sarcastic, just wondering because I have no idea.

Maybe I dont know what plume is...Id read the descriptions and thought this was it. I rotated the stick in the light and those specks sparkled. But in the pics they do just look like white specks (agreed)...back to the aging board...

Last edited:
Had a Bloi PC like that the other night .... looks like tiny specks of glitter that shines in the light. I took it as plume .... the speck were spaced quite a ways apart, like in your example. As I am still learning, I'll be watching this thread.

What you are seeing is not plume. Not sure what it is, but, young cigars that have wrappers oily in nature will look like they have a glitter effect in the light because of the light reflecting off the surface oils in the wrapper.

I just posted some detailed info about this is the thread "Plume and Mold" if you would like to check out.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Ill check out that thread, so I can figure this out. I had read another thread I think that had a pic and called it plume that looked like what I was seeing (sparkly little pinpoints). Even without plume, that stick was good :dr

The other night I brimmed with confidence and compared the sparkle in her eyes to the plume on a finely aged cigar...Now I dont even know what plume is. Im in a crisis over here.(joking...)

Back