morning smoke surprise...

replicant_argent

2X Secret Probation.Bitch
Just hanging out this morning and enjoying some coffee and Mayorga Gordito Torp that had been staring me in the face for a couple weeks with a chipped foot and a small tear in the wrapper. Decided to put it out of its misery.

Great morning smoke, hints of coffee, very smooth, maddie or oscuro box press. One of the first boxes I bought, if not the first.

Started plugging up. Never had one do that before. Went out. Went to relight with the torch, and saw this.
tar002.jpg

tar001.jpg

Reminded me of a thread a few weeks ago, so I thought a pic would be appropriate.

Great smokes though, never had one for breakfast, but this episode won't deter me from buying another box. They are a hell of a value for what has been my experience to be a hell of a smoke.

BTW, snipped another 1/8th inch of the cap, purged and it resumed smoking fine.

beetle guts maybe? That would make me chuck, I believe! Seriously, I've never seen that before, so I couldn't even speculate other than excessive moisture in the filler or binder.

Looks like Kaka. Glad it smoked well though. I wonder if winter temps have anything to do with this??:confused:

Just smoking the last couple inches now. Strong nicotine, but not unpleasant, drawing perfect again. It's, to me, a pretty full smoke to begin with.
My smokes are in my office, a bit chilly in here, but riding about 60 degrees and 62% most of the time.
Also, note to self, don't touch those with your tongue. :r Just reclip, purge and get back at it.

Same thing happened to me about 2 week ago, with a Torano 1916.
Lots of wet nasty tar at the tip. Still smoked that bitch to the nub...
:ss

Its happened to me before with different smokes. If you taste it, you will find it is the worst thing you could ever taste and you will spend a 1/2 hour spitting all over yourself.:ss I usually cut some more off the end and the problem goes away.

I had that happen to me last night with a Tatuaje White label. I tasted it before I saw it. YUK :BS
\
I think you might have been able to save a nice smoke by clipping and purging. Never having had a tat, but hearing nothing but good, I would hate to throw out a fine smoke for a fixable problem. Kind of like tossing one with a tight draw at the beginning without massaging it or probing it.

Ewwweeeee... that does not look pleasant. With that said, I would keep smoking it once I clip it... :ss

I've been thinking about this kind of tar build up since that last post a week or so ago. I'm glad to hear that clipping and purging seemed to do the trick. I'd hate to look down and see that goop coming out of the cigar, but I'd hate even more if that meant the smoke was unsalvageable. Thanks for the post.

What a trooper! :) That's what I like to see! Don't let anything get in the way of you and your stogie Glad the smoke turned out well for you.

I'm not too sure that I like surprises that look like that.....oh well, at least it smoked good. That's all that matters.

Back