moving to europe

screwbag

Lowland Gorilla
Any suggestions on moving my collection overseas???
I was just thinking about shipping several small boxes to a friend with a waiting coolerdor....

any better ideas?

I could also use any good info on moving overseas cheaper...

Thanks!
Robert

edit: - approx 600 smokes i think :D

Last edited:
Any suggestions on moving my collection overseas??? edit: - approx 600 smokes i think :D

Something this important, you might want to take a carry-on with you. 600 cigars is a lot, though -- I guess you'll just have to make two trips. :)

Last time I travelled to Europe, customs didn't even bother to check luggage. Coming back INTO the U.S., though, is another matter.

-Ken

1st off, you lucky bastage!-2nd, what if you ship in coolers on cargo ships?-had some friends years ago that went to cermany that way themselves-had to ride w/cows, but much reduced rate-does USPS have flat rate to Europe?

USPS or FED EX. Insured no matter what. Just don't tell them it's cigars tell them anything but cigars like a condom collection or something. I have heard on this board before that the USPS frowns or shipping tobacco products.

USPS or FED EX. Insured no matter what. Just don't tell them it's cigars tell them anything but cigars like a condom collection or something. I have heard on this board before that the USPS frowns or shipping tobacco products.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you been reading....but, shipments via USPS leaves my doorstep regularly and I've never experienced a problem. In fact, the mailman where I ship the troop cigars from has now come to expect a couple of cigars from me when I walk in with my boxes! Everytime I ship overseas, I use the required customs forms....and ALWAYS list the contents as cigars and delivery has been 100% every time with NO hassle.

USPS or FED EX. Insured no matter what. Just don't tell them it's cigars tell them anything but cigars like a condom collection or something. I have heard on this board before that the USPS frowns or shipping tobacco products.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you been reading....but, shipments via USPS leaves my doorstep regularly and I've never experienced a problem. In fact, the mailman where I ship the troop cigars from has now come to expect a couple of cigars from me when I walk in with my boxes! Everytime I ship overseas, I use the required customs forms....and ALWAYS list the contents as cigars and delivery has been 100% every time with NO hassle.

Seems as though you have found a great service. :tu

If you don't mind me asking; why are you moving to Europe?

You can always purchase multiple tickets and obtain multiple seats to use up more carry-on space. Airport staff may become skeptical, however. :ss

Maybe I'm missing something here - but if you are moving to Europe, I don't see a problem. Why can't they just be shipped with your household goods?

Ron

This was quite some time back. Someone posted that they told USPS that they were shipping cigars and the person behind the counter said that the postal service doesn't ship flammable packages....which led to the joke isn't everything in the mailpersons bag flammable.

:r Good point....but, each time I use to get that question I would ask each of the counter persons what they meant by that and was informed that they were looking primarily for the "igniter" not the cigars! Your sticks would be pretty safe through the USPS. :ss

This was quite some time back. Someone posted that they told USPS that they were shipping cigars and the person behind the counter said that the postal service doesn't ship flammable packages....which led to the joke isn't everything in the mailpersons bag flammable.

Back