My 1st review- AF Anejo

jmcrawf1

Redneck Gorilla
This is my 1st review so go easy on me. Dave (68trishield) gifted me this stick to try so here goes.

Construction- Nice oily maduro wrapper. A few veins.

Prelight- Cut with xikar cutter. The draw was perfect. not too light, and not too tight.

Burn- Lit with xikar executive butane lighter. The burn was perfect as well and consequently added to the smoking experience because it burned evenly all the way down. Not one run or need to touch up.

Flavor- Upon lighting, the 1st half tasted sort of sweet, like dark chocolate and coffee. The 2nd half went into more of a tobacco flavor and i caught some cedary flavors at times.

Overall- This cigar is the best cigar i've had thus far. What impressed me the most about this cigar was it's smoothness. Not once did i catch even the slightest bitter aftertaste, which for me was great because it was the first time thats happened. All in all this cigar completed the perfect evening.

Rating : 9.5/10

Thanks for reading :ss

Sounds tasty, and tempting. I might have to try to get my hands on one. Thanks for the review :tu

I have only been smoking since last Nov and the AF Anjeo has been my favorite thus far.

Anejos are my favorite NC cigars....Dave hooked you up nice, Joe, and nice review. :tu

Nice review there.

These are the best Maduros out there, just wish there were dam more of these around.

Really good review. I just had one today, had been in the humi about 10 months. The 1st 1/2 was perfect, smooth, mellow, rich tasting. After the half -way mark it developed some burn probs, tunneled, went out twice.
I will smoke the next one drier. (today's was at about 67%). Larry.

I need to try and track one of these down, finally have an Opus coming maybe one of these next.

Good Review.

Thanks for the review! You describe pretty much the same experience I had with my first Anejo (#49) on Memorial Day :ss

This is my 1st review so go easy on me. Dave (68trishield) gifted me this stick to try so here goes.

Construction- Nice oily maduro wrapper. A few veins.

Prelight- Cut with xikar cutter. The draw was perfect. not too light, and not too tight.

Burn- Lit with xikar executive butane lighter. The burn was perfect as well and consequently added to the smoking experience because it burned evenly all the way down. Not one run or need to touch up.

Flavor- Upon lighting, the 1st half tasted sort of sweet, like dark chocolate and coffee. The 2nd half went into more of a tobacco flavor and i caught some cedary flavors at times.

Overall- This cigar is the best cigar i've had thus far. What impressed me the most about this cigar was it's smoothness. Not once did i catch even the slightest bitter aftertaste, which for me was great because it was the first time thats happened. All in all this cigar completed the perfect evening.

Rating : 9.5/10

Thanks for reading :ss

Nice review! However, it would be helpful to know which size Anejo you smoked.

Johnny

Back