My Cabinet Humi Project

Hybridtuner

Young Ape
Well I just joined the site after finding it last year when I really started my cigar smoking. I looked high and low to try to find a cabinet humi. First I wanted something made with a nice wood outside and cedar lining (not something vineered). I also wanted shelves that I could display my collection with the lids open if I choose (like you see in the cigar shop). I also wanted to light it up with LED lighting, and go against the traditional look and have satin nickel hardware. In any event I was unable to find exactly what I was looking for so I decided to build my own. Feedback welcome.

outer_shell.jpg

top_drawer1.jpg

top_drawer4.jpg

Couple of pics of the shop. :ss
shop1.jpg

shop2.jpg

And some of my collection that I cant wait to get in the new humi. My coolidors have worked great since last year but it is time to give them a quality home.

collection_1.jpg

collection_4.jpg

collection5.jpg

Looks great so far. Are you mixing the acids with the others or keeping them seperate?

Looking good! It is always nice to upgrade your collection's living quarters. They appreciate it.
:tu

Unfortunately I am one of those "thinks he can do it" guys that really can't. My brain says "how hard could it be?" While my skill set says "I am not in right now, please leave a message and I will return your call as soon as possible."

Unfortunately I am one of those "thinks he can do it" guys that really can't. My brain says "how hard could it be?" While my skill set says "I am not in right now, please leave a message and I will return your call as soon as possible."

:r I've done the same thing myself once or twice. Nice to know I'm not alone. :D

:tpd:

Looks great so far, keep us updated on your progress! I want to try and build 10-20 100-200 count humidors so i could use some inspiration.

If I were going to build one (ie have it done by a professional) I would have the cabinet with 8 inch shelves on either side with a drawer at the bottom of the shelves for accessories on one side and similiar size (to the drawer) cedar lined humidor cabinet on the other for aging dark chocolate. As pipe smoker I'd love to have a big drawer under the cabinet, unhumidified of course, that was capable of storing many tins and mason jars.

Yep that would be ideal.

Back