My first Humidor!

Iacchus

SubGenius
After much shopping and soul searching and more shopping, I settled on this one.
P1010053_edited.jpg

It is much bigger than I thought it would be.
Its a Valencia 150 count three drawer style. I know, it's not big enough, but there is a coolidor in my future for eventual box purchases and such (as my student income allows). I really wanted a show off piece first though, and since my current cigar inventory is three whole sticks (it was four, til I smoked a fantastic RP Edge Maduro to celebrate the humi procurement) I figured this fella would be a good start.

I purchased the Humi from cheaphumidors.com, and am more than satisfied with that site. I bought it as an imperfect for $75 and crossed my fingers. Upon arrival inspection, the only thing wrong with it was the brass nameplate that it came with was scratched pretty bad. Thats fine though, cause I wasn't going to use the nameplate anyway.

Really, this box is pristine and perfect. No scratches or dents anywhere. I couldn't be more satisfied with it. Shipping was super fast too. Ordered it Sunday and it arrived Wednesday.

I'm, seasoning it now, and still have to calibrate the analog hygrometer. Eventually, I want to put a digital in it. As soon as the humidity stabilizes, my three sticks will have a fine new home.
Oh, and I ordered 4 oz of 65% Heartfelt beads last night. They seem to have a good reputation with you guys, and I bow to your experience.

I just wanted to share my pretty new humidor and let you all know how well cheaphumidors treated me. I'm still pretty excited with it. Filling it up should be a really fun time.

Thanks for all the info I've gotten from all your past posts. This site has been a great help.

:tu:ss

Looks like you're almost all set, now just that digital hygrometer and a lot more sticks! Congrats on your purchase. Exciting times!

Really, this box is pristine and perfect. No scratches or dents anywhere. I couldn't be more satisfied with it. Shipping was super fast too. Ordered it Sunday and it arrived Wednesday.

I'm, seasoning it now, and still have to calibrate the analog hygrometer. Eventually, I want to put a digital in it.

Looks like a helluva nice home for your sticks. I have an experience with a scratch and dent humidor as well. I bought a humidor and the analog hydrometer didn't work worth crap. I had been storing my sticks in a rain forest for a few weeks until I picked up my digital meter. Just a word of warning for your new sticks! :tu

That brass name plate might have some plastic film on it to protect it from being scratched up on shipping. Remove it and you might be able to get it imprinted too!

That brass name plate might have some plastic film on it to protect it from being scratched up on shipping. Remove it and you might be able to get it imprinted too!

It has the plastic film on it, but honestly I didn't want to remove it. If it turns out that there's nothing wrong with the nameplate either, I will feel kinda guilty for getting a completely perfect humidor for the imperfect price :).

Thanks for the kinds words everybody. I really appreciate it.

I'll be lookin out for that Nabinger. Thats freakin awesome, bro. Thanks again.

It has the plastic film on it, but honestly I didn't want to remove it. If it turns out that there's nothing wrong with the nameplate either, I will feel kinda guilty for getting a completely perfect humidor for the imperfect price :).

Thanks for the kinds words everybody. I really appreciate it.

I'll be lookin out for that Nabinger. Thats freakin awesome, bro. Thanks again.

Your humi might be big enough for Nabinger's package, but is your mailbox?????:ss:ss:ss:ss

...analog hydrometer didn't work worth crap. I had been storing my sticks in a rain forest for a few weeks until I picked up my digital meter. Just a word of warning for your new sticks! :tu

I salt tested my analog over nigt last night. Two days of seasoning brought it just shy of 60% in the humi. The salt test, interestingly enough, brought it right at 60%.

No worries though, I picked up a digital last night from ebay. One of those Little Havana "perfecto" models.
Soon the box will be prepared.

Ah, the slope steepens! Nice purchase bro. I'd suggest getting rid of the humidifier that came with it and get some beads - they'll work much better for you. Enjoy! :tu

Do yourself a favor - start shopping for a cooler now.

You're gonna need one in three months :D

I completely disagree. Get a second job, a house with more storage space / basement, make sure you're single and then order, say 5 120 coolers to start.
That is much more realistic. The whole notion of a (slippery) slope is retarted - it's a cliff with a winch on the bottom pulling you down as fast as possible.
WeekendSmoker.

I'd suggest getting rid of the humidifier that came with it and get some beads - they'll work much better for you.

Got 4oz of 65% coming from heartfelt. I suppose that will be enough. From Viper's post, a 150 ct Humi needs 3oz. We shall see how it goes.
It has to be better than the foam job that came w/ it, eh?
:ss

Back