My first "V" cut.

jaycarla

Resident Oliva Whore
The education continues. Having my first cigar with a "V" cut. Although I think it was stupid of me to use it on a cigar that I have never had before.

Just went to a B&M picked up a couple CAO Americas and a LGC Reserve Fig. Picked up a combo cutter and tried the V on the LGC.

I like the V cut. Not sure if would use it all the time, but I can say for sure will bring it out now and then.

The taste I am getting of this cigar though almost makes me think the V cut is giving me more flavor as I am smoking it. Looking forward to trying it with a cigar I have had a lot of.

I like a good 'V'.

Sometimes a lil sloppy/messy....other times, perfecto.

The only time I have ever had it was in a tobacco shop though so....

i've never used one myself, so i can't say from personal experience, but i've heard the xtra surface area they expose compared to a standard cut gives more smoke-i also heard sometimes they "gum up" w/tar, that's why i hadn't tried it, but after your experiece i may have to give it a shot-thanks

Try cross-hatching your "V" cut once. You get a very nice open draw without the risk of chopping too much off the head. I hate when I accidently clip too much off with a guillotine and have it unravel in my mouth (a pet peeve of mine.)

Judges................ Yes, I am going to need clarification on this.

Cut your cigar twice. Clip it with your "V" cutter, rotate your cigar 90 degrees and snip it again...making an "X" This provides a great draw and it is less likely to "gum up" w/tar.

Cut your cigar twice. Clip it with your "V" cutter, rotate your cigar 90 degrees and snip it again...making an "X" This provides a great draw and it is less likely to "gum up" w/tar.

That is what I was thinking, but when it comes to my cigar I will play it safe!

Thanks, will try it on my next V cut.:tu

I do that a lot and love the draw. I also like a good bullet hole.

I'll use a v-cutter, or a bullet, on a mixed filler cigar. Guillotines make too large of a cut & the cigar starts shedding in my mouth.

I was told in a B&M that the V cut draws more smoke up into the top/back of your mouth, which is supposed to enhance the flavor. I have one and use it regularly. Gotta love it.

I'm really happy to see this thread! I just ordered one of these V cutters, and can hardly wait to try it. I think the 1st to fall will be a nice MX2 Toro when it comes in. :tu

For me, choosing the cut adds to the 'ritual' of enjoying a great cigar. I use them all, guillotine, punch and V. I tend to favor a V on a 50+ RG.

The "V" cut is one cut that can be accomplished with a sharp pocket knife when your regular cutter is not available. :tu

I use a "V" cut 99% of the time, mostly because I don't have a nice guillotine and the $1.99 one I got a long time ago I don't think is sharp anymore. My lighter has a "V" built in. I really like it though, sometimes I use a cross cut to get a better draw. But mine is only up to a 50 RG.

V cut 90% of my smokes, punch about 5% and guillotine the rest. Does it make a difference? Not so much in the smoke but in the raveling of the filler. Haven't tried the cross V, kind of worried about a filler raveling problem or shredding.

Back