My Gurkha Exploded.

MyMonkey

Young Ape
Just smoked a Gurkha estate Vintage Churchill. Bought it yesterday and it looked ok. Slightly loose looking wrapper. Pulled her out of the Humi today and the thing had splits down the side and was unraveling. Felt hard as a rock and was crispy sounding. :mad: What tha?

I assume my humidity is too high. Hydro shows 70% but it is 2 points low. Also, not sure why the wrapper is so dry feeling.

Smoked it anyway. Or tried. Bit too peppery for my taste. Draw was impeeded by the obvious.

What did I do wrong here?

If the humi where you baught it was low the filler will soak up more/faster than the binder or wrapper. This can cause splits in the wrapper. Was it your reguler CM you purchsed it at?

From what I understand the leaf is supplied by Gurkha and the rolling in done by Tornao... wonder what the problem is...

Too much moister in the cigar I would assume. But if you only had it since yeseterday, I doubt the problem is with your humi

Hmmm... Tis the shop then eh? Oddly enough I bought three at the same time and the other two look fine. CAO America and a LGC Serie R are both doing well in their new home.

Thanks for the replies. Suppose it was either too little or too much moisture.

Back