My new Addition

St. Lou Stu

Keeper of the Loc-Nar
Well, I did it!
I went to Sams Club and picked up this lil beauty......
P1010876.jpg

It needs a little work and some stuffing. Looks kinda bare right now.
P1010875.jpg

P1010877.jpg

Notice the slots in the interior. Perfect for cedar shelves.
I passed on the 120qt. at WalMart just for that reason and spent the day in search of a cooler with shelving capability.

I think my search yielded great results.
150qts. as compared to 120qts. and only $10 more!

Oust fans, beads and cedar will all be taken care of next week.

My happy dance!:chk:chk:chk:chk:chk:chk:chk:chk:chk:chk

with coolers being all the rage, has anyone done anything to make them less ugly ? like building a wooden frame around it, or finding a large old trunk to put it in ?

with coolers being all the rage, has anyone done anything to make them less ugly ? like building a wooden frame around it, or finding a large old trunk to put it in ?

I'm going to build something for this. More of a stand though.
The handles on this on won't allow it to stand on end very well.
I'll post up pics in it's various stages of building and filling.:tu

I love the idea of the cooler on end with shelves. Does the lid open easily when it is on end as you have pictured? Or do you have to tip it back a little bit so the lid doesn't drag on the ground as it slides open?. If that makes sense ....

Have fun filling it up :tu

I love the idea of the cooler on end with shelves. Does the lid open easily when it is on end as you have pictured? Or do you have to tip it back a little bit so the lid doesn't drag on the ground as it slides open?. If that makes sense ....

Have fun filling it up :tu

Makes perfect sense.
This cooler needs to have some kind of stand built for it to stand on end like in the one picture due to the handle design. Notice how it is kinda leaning back in the pic? That is due to the handle protrusion.
Not a problem though. The stand will alow me to provide whatever kind of door clearances I need.
I'll keep y'all updated.

Makes perfect sense.
This cooler needs to have some kind of stand built for it to stand on end like in the one picture due to the handle design. Notice how it is kinda leaning back in the pic? That is due to the handle protrusion.
Not a problem though. The stand will alow me to provide whatever kind of door clearances I need.
I'll keep y'all updated.

Thanks! Can't wait to see the "after" pics. :tu

Im with you. I keep buying Humis because of this. I have a 3000 count and 7, 50 counts, and I refuse to buy a cooler because of the aestetic value.

Now you've done it. I have resisted the cooler so far but I am really close and you are not helping.

I don't know if you have bought your spanish cedar yet, but when I lined my cooler I found the internet had pretty good prices. I used internetlumber.com and they sent it out right away and were nice on the phone. Plus they sell kiln dried spanish cedar that is for building humidors. I don't know if that helps you out but I thought I would just toss in my :2.

Back