My new go-to cigar...

Mr. Doug

Gorilla
I've been a 'punch' guy for a long time, and just today 'interviewed' a new 5X50...the Romeo y Julieta "Bully".

I'm in love...

...that is all.

Haven't really liked the R&J's I've tried so far. One was a red band and the other was Maduro Reserve. The Maduro reserve smelled like a barnyard but tasted ok :)
I'll need to try a bully

If you like corona sized cigars give the R&J cedro deluxe no. 2 a try, i think it is better than the bully IMHO. But the bully is a great stick none the less.

Just now lit up a Romeo u Julieta tubed churchill from a sampler i got via Thompson. First inch not bad, but I've found others that I would buy first. The draw is a little too tight on this one. But I've got three more I'm going to let age a little longer and see how they taste a few months down the road.

If you like corona sized cigars give the R&J cedro deluxe no. 2 a try, i think it is better than the bully IMHO. But the bully is a great stick none the less.

Not sure if you were implying that the bully was a corona or if you were offering the corona as an alternative to the robusto-sized bully.

That's just not fair after all your great photo reviews. I feel a little hollow with this review - but I agree, not a bad stick.

BillyBarue

Heh...good point. I went from 5-6 pages to 5-6 words. ;)

I'll burn another tonight and catalog the journey.

::: looking for my camera :::

Don't want to interupt your review in the other thread, but I thought one comment you made was right on. A good even burner that you don't have to think about, and for $5 a stick, not too shabby.
I have tried the Vintage, Reserve, Reserve Real, and the Bully. Bully was the best for me.

How do you plan on fermenting the tobacco? I thought I read that it takes good long time and the fermenting tobacco beings to smell quite bad.

the RYJ Bully is great. and my first official box purchase was RYJ Cedros no. 2 I would highly recommend this although it is quite a bit different in shape and size, it is one of my favorites in the RYJ line

Back