My new humidor is on the way.....

ResIpsa

An Original Latino
You bastages are driving me to the poorhouse!:D

While I would have loved an aristocrat, after doing the research my budget allowed me to get The Connoisseur from cheaphumidors. I actually forgot ordering this as he has it backordered and I placed the order a couple of months ago. Just got the email telling me it's on its way.

I know I'm going to love this, here is my question for you guys who have similar size or larger cabinets. Can I just use Viper's beads to humidify this, or do I need to invest in an active system like an oasis as well. It comes with two internal electrical outlets so something needing juice isn't a problem if need be.

Question 2: about how long should I expect it to take season and stablize this bad boy?

ResIpsa said:
You bastages are driving me to the poorhouse!:D

While I would have loved an aristocrat, after doing the research my budget allowed me to get The Connoisseur from cheaphumidors. I actually forgot ordering this as he has it backordered and I placed the order a couple of months ago. Just got the email telling me it's on its way.

I know I'm going to love this, here is my question for you guys who have similar size or larger cabinets. Can I just use Viper's beads to humidify this, or do I need to invest in an active system like an oasis as well. It comes with two internal electrical outlets so something needing juice isn't a problem if need be.

Question 2: about how long should I expect it to take season and stablize this bad boy?

Beautiful. I love the wood grain. Da Klugs has a gigantic humi set up. He can guide you on that one.

Beads can handle that cab no problem, figure ot how many CF of actual space you have and buy 10% over that in beads, I would also think about some fans to help circulation. Separeate the beads, into containers for each self, and throw in some tubed beads on the drawers, it should be rock solid :w

You can just use the beads but using both seems to work very well. I have a Igloodor set up where I use both an Oasis XL Plus and beads. The beads act as sort of a buffer to the Oasis. The set up has been working very well for me so far. Just my :2

Very nice humidor by the way.

I would think a couple lbs of beads and an Oust fan or two...will do you just fine.

Congrats on the purchase.

This is the cabinet I got about 10 days ago...beads are holding the humidity at a constant 67%, they will do ya up right...congrats Vic!:D

The best thing about the Oasis is that it has a fan to direct humid air upwards in your humidor, which will then settle out and down again. The worst thing about the Oasis is it's price. It ain't cheap. There were some deals awhile back on JR's I believe.

Since humid air settles, put your beads at least in the middle of your humi and then rig up a PC fan to circulate humid air. This should be cheaper than the Oasis if you buy your parts carefully. Here's another source to read for humidification in large humidors.

Doc

Congrats on the new humi. Looks great.
Once you have it properly seasoned, a CO w/ some beads should keep the humidity constant.

I'm planning on using both in my cabinet humidor - the Oasis will rapidly catch up on loss RH - such as the opening of doors and mindlessly staring - but has no way to remove excess RH - hence I plan on spreading the beads around.

Ron

Does anyone have or has seen this cabinet with the optional glass door? I like the look of the wood, but have a glass top desktop and like to lick the window. I'm just wondering if it cheapens the look of the cabinet??

mikestod said:
. . . like to lick the window. I'm just wondering if it cheapens the look of the cabinet??

If what cheapens the look - the glass door itself or you leaving smudge marks from licking it?

:r

Ron

With the glass top I do catch myself drooling, but it helps me keep my hands out of the humi. There is no need to open it up and admire the stuff inside. I really do like the woodgrained front panel. But otherwise it looks like a piece of furniture and doesn't showcase the cigars inside. I'm just not sure i the optional glass front is worth it...

I would use a cigar oasis xl plus for that and btw nice buy. beads would be too slow and need too many imo

Back