My new humidor - thanks for the help!

MikeyC

SilverBack
Some of you may have seen my other thread:

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=122487

Thanks to everyone who posted. I got a great 300 cigar humidor at a great price. My old humidor was from Thomson cigar (their logo fell off on the first day :D ) and probably only held 30 cigars or so. I needed more capacity and I got it!

It arrived last week at my doorstep and I immediately got to work seasoning it. My Heartfelt beads arrived a few days later and I was in business. I loaded everything in yesterday after a day or two of constant 68% RH and of course calibrating the guage.

Here it is (my brother's sticks are marked with a yellow ribbon so I don't smoke them :D )

img2063dn2.jpg

Ooooh . . . glass top!
img2064ok3.jpg

The top tray has all the fancy stuff - CC's and Opus X's!!!
img2065hw1.jpg

Next tray has some Cohiba, La Aurora 100 anos, RP Vintages, and a CAO America
img2066ja6.jpg

Finally the lower section of the humi has some RP's that I got on CigarMonster last week and my Pepin and 5 Vegas samplers from C-bid last week.
img2067um7.jpg

More sticks are on the way from C-bid and TNT Cigars. My next project is to put the beads in the plastic humidifier cases that came with the humidor.

Thanks for looking!! :ss

Last edited:
Very nice humidor! I'm going to have to check out your thread... that looks like something worth purchasing.
It was only $150 at Tampa Humidors. I saw it on other sites for as much as $270. Considering the price, I found the constuction and seal to be very good. Getting the guage into the front without any air gaps took a couple of tries though.

My brother doesn't have a humi. So, he gives me his sticks to hold on to. The CC with no band on it is an H. Uppman I think. He took the band off so that it couldn't be ID'ed during transportation which proved to be totally unnecessary. :D

It was fun arranging all the cigars for the pictures. I felt like a famous person lining up all the labels in his fridge for an episode of MTV Cribs. :D

Awesome purchase. Very nice. Igloo makes great humi's too I hear, although I haven't invested in one....yet.....Congrats!!!!

Awesome purchase. Very nice. Igloo makes great humi's too I hear, although I haven't invested in one....yet.....Congrats!!!!
I thought about going that route, but I would definitely get my nuts cut off if I filled an Igloo. Plus, I tend to buy 5er's, singles, and samplers more than boxes. So, I felt a humi to be the better option. I REALLY wanted something that would be a nice display piece too which is why I bought a humi with so much glass.

Very nice humi - lots of great smokes I recognize but what are the 2 monte tubos on the bottom level?

My next project is to put the beads in the plastic humidifier cases that came with the humidor.

Thanks for looking!! :ss
Your next next project is to get yourself a coolerdor, you are still going to need it. In fact PM me your addy, let me help you need one by consuming the space you have at more more rapid rate than you planned on.

Very nice humi - lots of great smokes I recognize but what are the 2 monte tubos on the bottom level?
Those are Tubos Especial from the Monte Classic Collection. My brother picked those up when we were in the DR. I think he bought them in the supermarket. They sell cigars EVERYWHERE there. They're not CC's if that was throwing you off.

Back