My smokey weekend!

jamminison

Big Young Ape
This weekend was my little girls b-day and we where having all the family over on Sunday. So I bought a smoker and decided Saturday night to crank it up and give the smoking thing a try.The weather here was great probably 60's in the evening and after many beers during the LSU game I switched to Bacardi and cranked up some stogies.Oh yeah and the smoker too!:ss

I smoked a pork shoulder,boston butt 3 chickens and a rack of baby back ribs. Everything came out great and not a thing was left by Sunday evening.My plan for the weekend was to relax drink some beers,watch some football and smoke lots of stogies. I managed to get 4 stogies in this weekend and had my 5th in my hand late Sunday night but was soo tired I put it back and crawled into bed.

Can't wait for turkey day. Crown and Coke @ 10am,Anejo 46 while standing over the fry pot smelling that turkey frying.:chk

I love smoked meat! I can never say no to it. I've had many similar weekends and i love em! Smoking meat, smoking stogies, drinking beer, drinking crown... That's what's up :tu

That is also one of my favorite things to do. I guess there can never be enough smoke!!

Did you smoke all of that meat at one time?

This weekend was my little girls b-day and we where having all the family over on Sunday. So I bought a smoker and decided Saturday night to crank it up and give the smoking thing a try.The weather here was great probably 60's in the evening and after many beers during the LSU game I switched to Bacardi and cranked up some stogies.Oh yeah and the smoker too!:ss

Though I don't know why anybody would watch such a poorly rated team :D the cigar and the food look great!

Funny how smoking cigars and meat make everything better. Even birthdays that could be a strain. Suddenly become great times for a smoke and an added beverage. An additional plus is this will keep the meddling old biddies away as they can't stand the smoke. Hooray :ss

The shoulder and butt went on @ 7:30 pm on the bottom rack. The chickens and ribs went on at 3:30 am on the upper rack and some ribs mixed in on the bottom.This was my first time cooking in a smoker and it was fool proof. I soaked hickory chunks all day and threw about three large chunks in everytime I added coals.I might try a brisket this weekend after the holiday.I always crave meat after eating turkey for two days.

Thats what I did this weekend too, the smoking and smoking.:ss Except I smoked two turkeys. Gotta of love smoking meat, it leaves so much time to do other things like beer and cigars.:ss

Congrats on such a wonderful weekend.

Back