My solution.....

sgoselin

Bull Goose Gorilla
A while back I made a post about wanting to get a climate controlled humidor. I received some great replies concerning converted wine coolers and I want to thank those folks for sharing their knowledge. I also received an email from Bob Staebell who read the post. I deeply respect Bob's expertise and his willingness to give information. At any rate after much deliberation I just ordered a Delta TC 2000 console model in Dark Red Mahogany from Bob. It is rated to hold 400 - 600 loose cigars and 60 - 80 boxes and given my experience with both the Aristocrat and Aristocrat Plus I believe that those numbers will stand up. My rational for getting a really good climate controlled humidor is that I have accumulated quite a collection of cigars, many are vintage, and in the long term I am concerned about major temperature fluctuations. The idea of being able to closely monitor both humidity and temperature is very appealing. Also there is always the beetle issue and I am certainly hoping that this will alleviate that problem. Delivery should be around March or so, in plenty of time for the summer heat. My biggest worry at the moment is whether or not I should have ordered a larger model. In humidors bigger is ALWAYS better!

So you've finally realized that your wife has been correct all these years as she told you.... "Size DOES matter!"
;-)

Congrats on your new purchase. :7

Congrats my friend on your new purchase. Im sure we would all like to
see pics when they're available.

I knew you'd go with the best! Kind of small for your collection, though...better go with your instincts, and upgarde now! ;)

Steve--Congratulations! Yet I wholeheartedly agree with JSL and also suggest you increase on size. I just had dinner with a wine friend who built a temp/humi controlled cellar in his basement two years ago and is already lamenting the fact that it isn't big enough. He's going to have to do an add on, and the added expense (= loss of vino) is killing him. Just MHO. Best, Brit

Steve,

Bob's work is the best. Good luck. By the way, I can be adopted if your thinking of upgrading your family too!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;)

TAK :)

Back