My thoughts on a Palio

Nabinger16

SilverBack
I just picked up a Palio cutter from Mark in the last group buy he organized. Thanks Mark, you rock!!

I received this thing while at work and thought... Is this it? It looked bigger in the picture. My initial thought was this was just an over hyped cheepo cutter, and my Xikar was going to blow this little piece of plastic away. It would be a few days before I would have the opportunity to try out my new investment.

GOD DANG WAS I WRONG!!! I just used it for the first time tonight, and holy hell... 5000 gorillas aren't wrong! I had to smoke another cigar just to use it again. This thing cut through my smokes like a hot knife going through butter. At this point I'm thinking there could be something wrong with my Xikar, because how could a cutter cost twice as much and not cut half as good.

If there are any gorillas out there that haven't used a Palio, thinking it's just another cutter on the market... Go out and find one, try it, and prepare to be amazed!

Just my :2 on the Palio.

Last edited:
My Xikar is now my third string cutter behind my #1 Palio and my back-up #2 Palio. (I bought an extra just in case I ever lose my starter to injury!) :r

Hmmm according to thursday night, your #2 backup may be even better than your starter Patrick :D 3rd string shoulda retired long ago :r

!*@($*!it--something else to spend money on.

My Xikar is really my only cutter (aside from some cheapies) and I'm not terribly impressed with the way it cuts.

My Xikar is now my third string cutter behind my #1 Palio and my back-up #2 Palio. (I bought an extra just in case I ever lose my starter to injury!) :r

Hmmm according to thursday night, your #2 backup may be even better than your starter Patrick :D 3rd string shoulda retired long ago :r

Da da !!!! Crash!!!

rimshot.jpg

Rim Shot!!!

no photo of an actual rim shot in progress available at press time

Man I know how you feel!

Although I never had a high end cutter til my Palio, I've gone through somewhat decent cheapies. I have a single guillotine with a blade thats actually sharper than the palio. but i hate how the non-bladed side squishes the stick. and i have a double guillotine that does a good job but nothing compared to my palio.

my absolute favorite part about my palio is when i snap it open. it makes such a sweet sound!

I havent used my Xikar a single time since I got my palio about a year ago. Best cigar related accessory ever, and its not close.

I think the next group buy may yield me a palio, I keep hearing about how good they are.

Drop Mark at Cigarmony a PM, he may have an extra 1 unclaimed from the group buy. :tu

Without a doubt the Palio is a great cutter, the sound is so cool as it snaps through the cap with a nice clean "swoosh", perfect everytime!:ss

Back