NC Future Classics

ky toker

Chestbeating Pack Leader
A spin off of the thread in the Habanos Lounge, I was wondering if there were cigars that could be potential classics. There are a number of NC classics, e.g. 1st release Anejos.

Could the RP Vintage fall into this? How much stock do they have of these cigars? I'd image some where down the road the blend is going to have to change, or atleast the leaves will have to come from a different crop.

5 Vegas released the Limitada ’05 Belicoso and the Limitada '06 is a new blend. If you like these cigars you may want to snatch each year.

Any thoughts on this?

NCs age quite well imo,one can't compare say a Opus or Anejo fresh to one with some age to it.I had a Opus with a couple years on it and it was amazingly smooth.So yes I agree that there are NCs out there that can be awsome with some age on them,Good point BTW...Happy Birthday again too:)

I think any high end NC is going to be good in the future just because tobacco is a product that ages better or worse dependng on the quality of it. Things like Padron '64s and '26s, Opus X and so on.

Ive been keeping an eye out for a couple early release Punch rare Corojos. Nothing spectacular, Ive just been happy with the 2006's ive had and want to try some others. Its the same way with the 5 Vegas Limitadas as mentioned by KY Toker. There is just soemthing about date stamped sticks that makes them more appealing to me, especially if the blend changes and they become tougher to get ahold of.

As far as ultra premium sticks go im sure there is definately a market out there for most of them. It all comes down to what people like and what they are willing to spend.

I'd go for Aurora 100 anos - the last batch is set to be released or already released. Pricey but worth it, imo, one of the best nc's out there.

Higher end Tatuajes as well.

Opus, as has already been said.

I would add the new Davidoff Limited Edition Diademas. Again pricey, but that is what it takes to get a nc classic imo. And the Camacho Liberty any year.

RPB67 said:
Cuesta Rey Centro Finos

Aged Anejos

AVO LE 05s and 80ths

These are my top three.

Good call on the Centro Finos, I smoked some 2+ year old #60's, amazing the way it has change. :)

What are your thoughts on the CAO MX2? I believe they are discontinued and they seem difficult to acquire... I don't have any opinion on them to speak of - I've only had one.

Thanks to Dr. Stogiefresh I got a bomb of Partagas 160, Avo 80th, and Olivia Master Blend #1. I think these might all be future classics, or at least hard to come by due to production or cost, so I posted this here. Happy herfing.

Back