NC Montecristo White

White97Jimmy

Expresso - Frickin' 81
Decided to smoke something different on the way to work today (usually grab a LVH#1). I grabbed a robusto size Monte white. I think this was one of the freebies I got from Altadis. To be honest, I'm starting to lost track of where all my smokes are coming from.

Anyway, the cut on this cigar was easy, using my Havana cutter. Grabbed my messenger bag and hopped in the car. Lit up this stick and started driving to work. This cigar would have been perfect, except I chose the wrong day to smoke it. It is raining pretty hard here, and because this cigar creates HUGE amounts of smoke, my car was pretty cloudy inside. I had the window cracked open a bit, but with all the rain dripping in, I couldn't open it wide enough to clear all the smoke out.

As for the taste, I love these sticks. Such a mild nutty flavor, kind of like a toasted almond. Very light bodied, I wish I would have picked a better day to smoke this. The taste stayed pretty consistant the whole way through. I had to pitch it with about 2 inches left because I was getting too much rain inside the car.

This is a great stick for people who don't like very strong flavors, or if you just want to go back to the basics.

Nice review. I had problems with my first (and only) White. I had issues with the draw, and I really didn't care for the flavor. It seemed very one-dimensional to me.

While I typically like a full-bodied cigar the Monte White is still one of my favorites. Just as said the ample smoke, keeps me coming back, I have never had a problem with draw and if fact construction has been near perfect on each I have smoked. Thanks for sharing; it is always nice to hear a review from a BOTL that has enjoyed a good cigar.:dr

I have 4 of these i got as a sampler thingy with a free Savoy lighter from work.

I've never had a monte yet, so im going to try it soon :)

Good review. I am going to have to give these a shot soon. I have three of them that have been gifted to me, but I have never gave one a shot. I am with jcarlton in that I usually like a fuller bodied smoke, but at the same time I am always up for a good smoke with a great draw.

One of my favorite NCs - the whites are a great mellow smoke - mild with tons of complexity. They're spendy though.

Back