Need Small Used Digital Hygrometer

Ninja Vanish

Evolving Lead Gorilla
I am in need of a small inexpensive possibly used hygrometer. I really can't afford to buy one. (even with my employee discount at my cigar store.) The problem is the cheapest hygro we sell is $20 but it's the size of an Atari. There is a Prometheus hygro that is just about the right size (1.5' x 2') but it's $40. Even with a 40% discount it's not worth it. I was wondering if there was a botl or sotl out there who might have a small used one that could possibly trade it to me for something. (Don't know what but something) Let me know. Maybe I can convince my dad to mail some of my cigars from home to whoever steps up.

i can get a very nice small compact cigar purpose temp/hygrometer at my local shop for about 24$. There very small slender, very readable, with the highest and lowest readings recorded at all times... good buy but up to you. For a smaller box its awsome unles syou have a huge coolador where you can use the huge atari cartridge sized ones haha.
S.T-

Ninja Vanish said:
I am in need of a small inexpensive possibly used hygrometer. I really can't afford to buy one. (even with my employee discount at my cigar store.) The problem is the cheapest hygro we sell is $20 but it's the size of an Atari. There is a Prometheus hygro that is just about the right size (1.5' x 2') but it's $40. Even with a 40% discount it's not worth it. I was wondering if there was a botl or sotl out there who might have a small used one that could possibly trade it to me for something. (Don't know what but something) Let me know. Maybe I can convince my dad to mail some of my cigars from home to whoever steps up.

My local B&M has them for about $20, shows temp and RH. About the size of a small pager. PM me if you can't find one online.

-M

Walmart has a temp/hygro for under $7. I have two of them. One is spot on and one is -1. I sleep fine at night. Go pick one up salt test it if is to far off take it back. Walmart will let you return anything. Because they know next week you will be back dropping another half of your paycheck.

moon said:
Walmart has a temp/hygro for under $7. I have two of them. One is spot on and one is -1. I sleep fine at night. Go pick one up salt test it if is to far off take it back. Walmart will let you return anything. Because they know next week you will be back dropping another half of your paycheck.

I have one of those also mine is -5 but still makes no difference and is a good hygo 6.99

go to wal mart and pick up their digital hygro/temp model for 12 bucks. I have one in my cooler and its only 2% off. But be aware that they are all not that accurate. I just bought another one and it was 8% off so I returned it and got a rad shack that was 4% off.

Stogiefanatic182 said:
go to wal mart and pick up their digital hygro/temp model for 12 bucks. I have one in my cooler and its only 2% off. But be aware that they are all not that accurate. I just bought another one and it was 8% off so I returned it and got a rad shack that was 4% off.
I verified my $6.47 Walmart Hygro with my Kestrel hand held weather station, was 1% diff....Now the $6 hygro didn't respond as quickly as the $300 Kestrel, but hey, in my Humi I don't need instant gratification, took about 10 minutes for them both to stabilize during the test.

raptor said:
I verified my $6.47 Walmart Hygro with my Kestrel hand held weather station, was 1% diff....Now the $6 hygro didn't respond as quickly as the $300 Kestrel, but hey, in my Humi I don't need instant gratification, took about 10 minutes for them both to stabilize during the test.
I'm with most everyone else on this. You can't go wrong with a digital hygrometer for less than $7.

luckybandit said:
Radio shack hygro discontinued $7.95 i've bought a bunch myself small and work great
bandit

yup. you can use the add on sensors without the need of the base station if you wanted to.

mrputts said:
yup. you can use the add on sensors without the need of the base station if you wanted to.

My local Radio Shaqs DO NOT carry this hydro *&##@>?$. It makes me unhappy as I like setting up 'mini humis' for friends. Is there anybody I could get to buy and send them to me??? I'll cover all costs, and toss in a Swisher Sweets foe the effort... I'm hopping for 3-5 for them. Just PM me if you can.

VinnDog
:tpd:

ps Does NOT affect Ninja's 'deal'

I assumed I was bringing your Lucky 7 humi out to you next week. If so, then you have the digital in it, and I can bring the spare one in my 150 count to you (but it needs a battery, and seems to eat them up at about every two months (almost too expensive to keep buying batteries for it!). LMK

Yes I am a pirate, two hundred years too late
The cannons don't thunder, there's nothin' to plunder
I'm an over-forty victim of fate
Arriving too late, arriving too late
Another Parrot Head!!!!!:al

Fire in the Hole!!

Going out today from work, so I don't have a tracking number. USPS Priority, I'd bet it get to you on Saturday. From my office I've sent things to AL in 2-3 business days using this 'set-up'. We have a mail service!! Fancy stuff!! Do you all think more of me now???

VinnDog

VinnDog said:
Fire in the Hole!!

Going out today from work, so I don't have a tracking number. USPS Priority, I'd bet it get to you on Saturday. From my office I've sent things to AL in 2-3 business days using this 'set-up'. We have a mail service!! Fancy stuff!! Do you all think more of me now???

VinnDog

OOPS!!!

I assume this means you have sent it to his Alabama Addy!! He is in Tucson til the end of the year! If the package gets here by Monday afternoon, we are ok, since I will be leaving Tuesday to drive out to see Ninja, and can take it with me to him!

So don't sweat it, I think you will be fine!!

I was only using the BAMA as an example of how quick stuff can get accross country for my office. Now that it's so much closer, I bet it takes a week!

Real good to here from you too S-Ville-Kid! I hope you have a great trip!!

VinnDog

Back