Nerf '08 - Thanks!!!!

MikeyC

SilverBack
Well, I just walked in the door from being at NERF '08 all afternoon. WOW!! What a great time. I got an amazing amount of shwag, the door prizes were GREAT and plentiful too, the silent auction and raffle were a blast, and most of all I got to meet and speak with some really great, friendly cigar smokers. Oh yeah! I also got a chance to smoke a few cigars even though it was freezing cold out.

So, a BIG thanks to . . .
  • all the organizers
  • Churchills for lending us the space
  • all the people who donated items
  • all the corporate sponsors
I was also really happy to see that all the proceeds went to a really great charity (Wednesday's Child) and that there was a humi where we could donate cigars to the troops. :tu

All-in-all a fantastic event which was fun for all and did good for people in need.

I can't wait for NERF '09!!!! :ss

I agree, what a GREAT EVENT! Thanks to all involved! :ss

PS - Great to meet you Mike, too bad on the Bolivar :c

Oh shoot did this take place in MA? I guess I should pay more attention to the herf posts.

I agree, what a GREAT EVENT! Thanks to all involved! :ss

PS - Great to meet you Mike, too bad on the Bolivar :c
It was great meeting you too.

I got that Boli home and put it up next to one I'm pretty sure is genuine and it was a TERRIBLE fake. It wasn't even close. I think we couldn't tell how bad the band was while in Churchills because the lighting in there was a little dim.

Oh well! As I said, I consider it that I did a nice thing for someone. I'll just give the fake Boli to one of my golfing buddies who will think it's the best cigar they ever had.

MikeyC nailed it in his synopsis of NERF 08. Special thanks to MadAl for keeping this board updated on the event. I learned I number of things yesterday: mostly that I don't even know what I don't know about this "hobby" (if that makes sense). I learned that smoking an LFD Double Ligero lancero as your second stick of the herf on less than a full stomach is not the brightest idea. :pu

I learned that dunng looks nothing like this:
image.php

And I learned that there's a great group of BOTL's in the Boston area. Hope to see a lot of you before NERF 09. :tu

MikeyC nailed it in his synopsis of NERF 08. Special thanks to MadAl for keeping this board updated on the event. I learned I number of things yesterday: mostly that I don't even know what I don't know about this "hobby" (if that makes sense). I learned that smoking an LFD Double Ligero lancero as your second stick of the herf on less than a full stomach is not the brightest idea. :pu

Hey Vin,

I hope that didn't ruin your meal. I know you were going out for dinner afterward. All I know is between the 3 smokes I had and all the second hand smoke that was in there my hands were shaking from all the nicotene. :D

Back