Never met a 5 Vegas cigar I didn't like

SuperDave

Maturing Primate
This is not a review of a single cigar. But I have tried several 5 Vegas blends, including the Red Label, Gold label, and the Series 'A'. Everyone has been very well made, great wrappers, perfect burns, no draw problems, lots of smoke, smooth taste. I'm a newbie to cigars-started last August and smoked about 200 sticks to date. Something must be wrong with my senses because I can tell if I like a cigar or not, but have never tasted flavors such as cream, chocolate, coffee, etc. etc. What do you BOTLs (& SOTLs) think of the 5 Vegas brand. Good? Bad? Like'em? Hate'em. (If you hate'em, send unsmoked spares to me! LOL):ss

have had the "A" and the gold, just didn't have much going on flavor wise for me. would like to try the dpg-blended "miami" though.

Hi - I am Private Corporal Serious. I also enjoy all 5 Vegas, but virtually the opposite order as MCS.

Love Limitada, regular Red Band is always in my humi, enjoy occasional Gold (a little too mild) and probably won't buy any more Series A...even though I found them to be decent. Also like(d) the Cask Stregth pretty well and the Miami is promising even though price is too high

True though - always wonderful construction, draw, burn with plenty of smoke.

I really like the A, I really like the classic, and the Gold gets better with age. haven't had their more premium lines, but the ones I've had, are simply delicious.

My favorite is the Limitada. You can usually get them $4-$5/cigar. They come out each year in a limited quantity: Limitada 2005, Limitada 2006, Limitada 2007, etc. I have some Limitada 07s lying in the humidor right now, waiting for warmer weather.

I also like the Classic (red label). The blend being used today at the La Aurora factory is better than the original blend that was used by Henry "Kiki" Berger in the 1990's. [The original blend is still sold as the Don Kiki Red Label from CubanCrafters.com]

The Golds are too mild unless you smoke the 7" Double Corona. I guess because it's such a big smoke to begin with, the mild flavor doesn't bother me, and the cigars are easily big enough to get you through an entire 2-hr movie at the drive-in.

The Series 'A' are good, if you like maduros. They are often bitter if you don't let them age before you smoke them. I'm not a big maduro fan, so I usually don't go for these as much.

I've never tried the Cask Strength (which I think has now been discontinued) or the 5 Vegas Miami (but I've read good things about this one).

Love every one I've tried. I can afford them, they've all been consistent for me, and they're just tasty. I have never had Miami, Cask Strength, or Limitada 07. I really really want to try the Miami though, any size.

Love the Golds.

Love the A's with at least a 6 month nap.

Love the Classic, in fact they are one of the VERY few Sumatra wrap cigars I like.

Just got some Miamis, looking forward to them.

Never tried the Limitadas or Cask-Strength. I believe the Casks are all gone.

I bought a box a few years back through CI. I could not stand them, so I gave them all away and haven't smoked any since.

The A is one of my favorite smokes. To me it tastes like what a maduro should taste like. I've got some Golds from CI samplers/freebies and I have to say I didn't care of them. Too grassy/woody, not much flavor. I know some of them have been sitting for a while, maybe I'll try another soon. Same with the Classic, just not that impressed. I do have a box of the Limitadas (I think '06) and they are a decent smoke. Extremely well constructed, long-burning, but not a whole lot of flavor.

Back