Never Trust an Analog Hydrometer

Papichulo

DIABLO CANOSO
Never trust an analog hydrometer! My office humidor was reading 70% since I bought her several months ago. We had a herf after work yesterday and I gave one of buds an El Rey del Mundo La Flor de Llaneza and he told me thanks for the gift, but it is dry as the sahara desert. Holy S&^%, I had to empty my humidor and wipe her down with distilled water, refill my credo and return home for a digital hydrometer :sb I will go in later today to check up on my humi. It might take a few months to get everything back to normal.

Please share your experiences with an analog hydrometer failing. You would think after so many years with cigars I would have learned my lesson. Digital is the way to go.

I have 3 analgog hygros, and they all read something different. I have had enough, so I finally ordered a digital this week, but it hasn't arrived yet. As a general rule, I would not trust analogs.

my analog hygro in my 70RH bead humi is dead on at 70%... problem is it doesn't really move much. so the humi could be bone dry and it will still read in the 60's. :r

i don't pay those piece of $hit$ any mind. all i do is check my humidifier every week to see if it has dried out, and add a bit of h2o if necessary. those analogs will make you pull your hair out.(look at my pic, i ain't kiddin)

I keep 2 digitals in the cooler along with the oasis,they are all within 2% of each other..the analogs are garbage...they are a good way to ruin good smokes

I have never trusted analog hygrometers and never will. Now i got two digital an they read almoast the same. The analog is about 10% off.

The only analog hygrometer I have that is even lose, is the one that is mounted in the humidor my girlfriend bought me for Christmas, and it is 100% the same as both of my digital hygrometers that I checked/calibrated with a Boveda One-Step Calibration pack. But I think it is the exception to the rule, and I have a digital inside that I go by, it’s just cool that it works and I can see when I walk in the room where it’s at.

Back